Nissan Ld28 guys?

ncidi

Reaction score
Awhile back my dad and I pulled a great running ld28 out of an old maxima wagon we had laying around and have been throwing around ideas of how to use it...looking at a small jeep or 240z/280z only problem was the car was an auto and we scrapped the transmission and we want to find a 5 speed. The 5 speed from a 240/280 will work but we can't find a flywheel anywhere for this thing. We've seen forums where people discussed using an l28 flywheel but there were no definite answers. Anybody have one laying around they want to sell or know about using the l28 flywheel? Thanks in advance.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i've seen them before but don't know enough about them. check the casting numbers on the cranks. iirc they should be neutral balanced so you can hang a gasser flywheel off the crank if it bolts up. i have read somewhere the gasser guys will re-use the block and crank off a diesel.

ncidi

Reaction score
The gasser guys use the crank from the diesel for a stroker motor, so I would guess the flywheel should work except that I have heard this may reduce the diesels down low torque

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
unless you find a corresponding Maxima with a dead diesel, I'd just go with the gasser flywheel in the meantime. there's no guarantee right now that you'll find the right one. I know on most other diesels, the flywheel is heavier to keep the inertia up between shifts, but helping torque down low, I'm not so sure.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tottripp

Members online