E4OD Transmission Issue

dwaynesh1980

Reaction score
Im new here and hope this is the right place to post this. i have a 95
f150 with a 5.9 and e40d and the lock up torque converter is shot
my question is can i replace it with a converter for a c6?
Or any non lock up converter? The oreilly auto parts web site shows
both are the exact same exept the outer measurement is .75 smaller for the c6
but i dont think that would matter.
I rarely drive on highways or over 45 mph.
Any help would be appreciated.

aofarrell2

Turbo Desirous
Reaction score
You will have to use a E4OD lockup converter. A C6 converter won't work AT ALL.

Duffy2514

Reaction score
I'm also new here and am having issues with my 1994 full size Bronco XLT with the 5.0 efi engine and the E40d transmission. I have a old buddy who is a 30+ year certified Ford mechanic. The transmission was occasionally going into limp mode and erratic shifting but it would go maybe a week with no problem's so we replaced the TPS and cleaned all the wiring harnesses on the whole system, mlps, all harnesses on transmission and the VSS and bypassed the 4WABS module and nothing was a permanent fix. After a lot of research we were replacing the MLPS due to possible water intrusion and after replacing it we lost first gear and overdrive. it would only take off in second gear and this was manually putting it in second and manually shifting into drive. it will not downshift or upshift without doing it manually. we put the old MLPS back on and nothing changed so after contacting several other Ford mechanics they all told us to replace the valve body so we did and it remained the same. now we cant find anyone who has experienced this problem. when we dropped the pan on the transmission the fluid was clean and not burned also nothing at all
( no trash ) dirt metal of any kind was in the pan. can anyone direct us in a possible fix or is it a complete rebuild. Even manually trying to get first it's just not there but we have a strong reverse and second and drive but again I have to manually shift and as low as it will go is second. when I put it in drive it trys to take off in drive so I have to pull it down in second to take off. Also I can get everything I need from the flywheel to the pedals, 5 speed transmission, transfer case master cylinder well everything for a complete changeover to a five speed manual system for $600.00 from a ford truck salvage yard here in N.C. they have any part you could need for a Ford Truck or Bronco at extremely great price's as well as truck's for sale. If anyone should want their contact info I would be happy to provide it. Thanks and sorry for posting a book. Thank's and have a great day.