Killer deal on NEW starters!

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got one of the starters from the link below, and it's a nice, powerful, NEW, offset gear reduction unit with a spec sheet from bench testing. $86.50 and FREE shipping (took 3 days) PLUS a 1 year warranty. It was easier to get the top bolt in too! Install was easy, just make sure its seated on the adapter plate before torqueing down all the bolts. It can snag the ring gear if you let it hang off a couple bolts.

Old Mitsubishi Planetary (top) vs new offset gear reduction (bottom):
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Amazon.com link :love:

Manufacturers Website link

I am not a vendor, nor am I affiliated with the seller... just a satisfied customer trying to spread the word about a screaming good deal!

Last edited:

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
woudl you say this turns over better than the stock mitsubushi one?
i have brand new 850cca batteries and my starter is less than 2 years old but when it gets real cold outside she doesnt want to crank fast at all.

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Runs smooth and has good oomph. The one I replaced was an old and tired reman, with a warped rotor shaft and tweaked case, so I don't think it would be a fair comparison. I'll scan and post the spec sheet tonight.

The appearance of the castings, hardware, and workmanship is stellar.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is is just angle of the pic or is the new one much larger?

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
is is just angle of the pic or is the new one much larger?

It is much larger! The primary coil area is longer, and the gearbox is bigger. The nose cone with supporting bearing adds length too. Fitment wasn't an issue at all. Weighs about 5lbs more too.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ohhh, so the whole casing is larger eh.. can you measure for me how much longer it is overall from the mating face of the bellhousing to the end? This will affect me for my project if i can or cannot use this beefy bad boy.

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ohhh, so the whole casing is larger eh.. can you measure for me how much longer it is overall from the mating face of the bellhousing to the end? This will affect me for my project if i can or cannot use this beefy bad boy.

I will measure it tonight for ya

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's darn cheap. You will find out this winter if it was a good deal or not. LOOKS can be deceiving.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I'm using the lower gear reduction one with the nose cone bushing support and love it. But mine is a Mitsubishi starter. Its printed on the side of it. Cost is $150.00 from a private rebuilder I have used for the last 38 years.

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

10 1/4" long, compared to 9 1/4" for the stocker from face of bellhousing to end of brush holder.

That is a good fair warning Agnem.... time will tell, but they've been well reviewed and recommended across a few forums

Last edited:

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't need one right now but wouldn't be afraid to buy even if it was made in china. The chinese are roughly where japan was 20-30 years ago (and closing rapidly).

hce

So can i....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's darn cheap. You will find out this winter if it was a good deal or not. LOOKS can be deceiving.

I have the one without a nosecone from db starters. You could not expect anymore from a starter 3 times the cost. As far as winter it will to start the 6.9 down -15 unplugged outside.

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the one without a nosecone from db starters. You could not expect anymore from a starter 3 times the cost. As far as winter it will to start the 6.9 down -15 unplugged outside.

How long have you had yours (year/approx miles)? Thanks!

jaluhn83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Curious how well it holds up..... looks like a clone of the Mitsu unit, but I wonder what they skimped on. One thing to note about a reman unit is that the core parts (ie wiring on the armature, design, shafts, etc) is OE quality though some of the wear parts may be cheaper junk. New off brand unit like this may or may not have the same base design quality.

My preference oddly enough is actually Autozone for idi starters - they have a lifetime warranty so you just take it in and get a new one once she dies. LOL Think I'm up to a half dozen or so over ~10 years. Only real problem I've had is one of the more recent ones seems to have been setup wrong and wouldn't engage all the way causing it to grind every so often.... not happy about that, but it may also have been partially normal wear on the ring gear.