Looking for some lift blocks

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am hunting some 4" lift blocks with a 4 degree taper. I can find 4" blocks all day but most have 2.6 degree taper. Y'all have any suggestions or have some laying around?

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure there is a machine shop around here somewhere. I may have to look into that.

79jasper, any idea where I can find the shims? I would assume I would just set them on top of the factory blocks being they are 4".

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those might be the ticket. Never used them but it looks like I could put them in with the factory blocks.

Black dawg

Reaction score
you would want the shims between the perch and the block. Why do you need shims?

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a shackle flip in the back and with the stock square blocks it has the pinion up too high. I put in the 2.6 degree blocks I have but it's not quite enough and so I am thinking about doing the shims and stock blocks. I will look for some steel shims.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am almost positive the pins are 7/16". I had a hard time finding them. Think I ended up ordering them through Summit.

Black dawg

Reaction score
the best way is the shim bolted to the leaf pack, but it wont work out so well with the block. You can grind the locating pin off of the bottom of the block, then drill and tap it for a bolt, to bolt the shim to the bottom of it and be the locating pin.

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why wouldn't the blocks work well with the wedge bolted to the bottom of the spring? It should be no different than if I added another leaf being its all bolted together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Staff online