87 6.9 IDI air cleaner

Zaggnutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just pay shipping.
Any chance you still have this? P.O. has a CHEVY air cleaner on my friggin' truck with a Holley base that leaves a nice 4" gap between the filter and the intake. Currently modified with a coffee can with the bottom cut out....;Sweet:rolleyes:

Let me know if any body parts off the '90 I have listed in "Marketplace" tickle your fancy. Money is tighter than tight but trades are awesome. The list of things I need is long.

Zaggnutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problem hope it worked out for You.

I'm gonna go with a cold air intake. I'm just sick of looking at the f@#king chevy air cleaner in my engine compartment. I had to cut a coffee can in half and put it between the cleaner and the edelbrock (or maybe it was holley) platform so it wasn't sucking dirt in through the gaps. Stupid ass PO.

Man, I need to take a pic of that setup! It's even more redneck than my PVC cold air intake!!! What was I thinkin' not posting pics of that!!!LOLLOLLOL I'll do that tomorrow. You guys will get a kick out of that.

Zaggnutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hahaha!!! You guys are funny. Okay, here we go... This is the '89 I just got
You must be registered for see images attach

I cut off the coffee can to make a more complete seal (Yes, I know how retarded that sounds) because when I took it apart I noticed the air cleaner was tightened down onto the throttle cable and was leaving a large gap between the Edelbrock stand and the cleaner. Oh yeah, I almost forgot I ground the edges off of the Edelbrock platform as well to prevent the interference with the throttle cable, etc.

Zaggnutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And this is my Crew Cab. The credit for this one is all mine LOL

And if you look here you will see the grey plastic coupler I used to elbow my RDT out of the engine compartment....

The CDR is just off screen to the right. Enjoy!!!;Sweet:D

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01