02 7.3psd won't crank over!!!

TMACK0034

Reaction score
Hey guys I need some help! I've looked through all the forums and looked at everything they have said. Ive checked my starter relay and it is clicking when I turn the key. I've checked my neutral safety switch and cleaned the connector on it. It is aligned and doesnt seem to be any problems there. Checked my batteries and they are alright. Checked my starter by unplugging the wire connector bu the blower motor and running a hot wire from the battery to there and it jumps off fine. Can even get the truck started like that if I leave the key on. I dont know what else to check! It is an 02 f350 dually with an auto trans. I drag my landscaping trailer with it and can't be jumping off a hot wire in front of every customers house.

TMACK0034

Reaction score
Well I somehow got it to start. I traced the wire from the starter all the way back to the fuse panel under the dash and no breaks. I noticed a couple of splices where the previous owner had told me he wired and switch to start the truck that I have since taken out. I moved those out of the way looking at the starter relay wire and just figured I'd give it another shot and she started fine. Now I'm trying to figure out what I did and she just keeps starting. Kind of worries me since it wasnt starting and I did nothing that I hadnt already tried and she started fine.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
It's either the spliced wires or the starter relay/solenoid itself. Mine went out slowly. They're cheap.

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

TMACK0034

Reaction score
Well it did to me again yesterday but I absolutely had to be at a customers house so I jumped off the relay wire and it hasnt done it again after that. I found that I have one 850cca battery and one 450cca? Could that be the problem? None of the splices are on the relay wire and I can feel the relay kicking on and off when I turn the key.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Staff online