Chealsea PTO?

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a really old six bolt, but the answer is probably yes. Just keep in mind that PTO is more than 15 years old, and parts might be tough, even for something like a ratio gear. Also keep in mind that you might have to change the arrangement depending on what side of the ZF you want to run it off of as there are two openings. Call Six States distributors, if the guys in Eugene can't help you, call Tony up in Portland, he's pretty good and been around for a while and will shoot you straight on what's available or not.

In the mean time, here's some reading for you:

http://chelseapto.co/Chelsea-410-Parts-Manual.pdf

Good luck

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking maybe....if it's off a 4sp nope, it would be transmission or transfer case specific based on gears in the case as far as i know.

Don't quote me on this I could be wrong.

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bolt pattern sure looks like it's for a ZF5. I don't remember seeing a plate with that bolt pattern (or any PTO cover plate, for that matter) on my T-19B.

cardana24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Chelsea pto bolted to the side of my zf trans...I posted a picture of it in my fs add in the classifieds...maybe that can help you

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am working with a very tenured Chelsea guy this week, I will have a positive answer but my "too young to have seen this model PTO" guess is that this is an old 6 bolt model, and the ZF5 has two 6 bolt openings, the T-18 has one six bolt opening. I have no idea what the gear depth or aperture opening details are, but I would guess that this PTO was manufactured in the 80s and so were the T-18s and ZF5s.

Stay tuned, more to follow direct from the manufacturer.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry so long to reply to this, been swamped with work and travel, but I did manage to find somebody with the old books that cover this model (410 or older reference to the 41 series).

Looks like it will fit a T19 or a ZF5, you could double check with the pitch and pressure angles off the transmission you want to hang this on as that will tell you what input gear you need.

Here's one other thing I will tell you: as long as you can find the input and ratio gears you need for your application, you should be ok, but keep in mind that the 410 was obsoleted more than 20 years ago. This is a design where the input gear is moved back and forth on the drive gear in the transmission. The newer designs utilize a fixed transmission drive/PTO input gear, which you set clearance/lash on, and then the ratio gear within the PTO is engaged/disengaged. In an intermittent application where you are going to stay within the rated torque of the PTO, this will work just fine.

Again, sorry for the delay, hope this helps

You must be registered for see images attach

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry so long to reply to this, been swamped with work and travel, but I did manage to find somebody with the old books that cover this model (410 or older reference to the 41 series).

Looks like it will fit a T19 or a ZF5, you could double check with the pitch and pressure angles off the transmission you want to hang this on as that will tell you what input gear you need.

Here's one other thing I will tell you: as long as you can find the input and ratio gears you need for your application, you should be ok, but keep in mind that the 410 was obsoleted more than 20 years ago. This is a design where the input gear is moved back and forth on the drive gear in the transmission. The newer designs utilize a fixed transmission drive/PTO input gear, which you set clearance/lash on, and then the ratio gear within the PTO is engaged/disengaged. In an intermittent application where you are going to stay within the rated torque of the PTO, this will work just fine.

Again, sorry for the delay, hope this helps

You are
saying a T19 PTO and a ZF are one and the same? How about a NP 205?

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The application guide I have only shows an NP203, which is a six bolt opening, looks like a 442 which is a very common six bolt opening, lots of ratio's and plenty of parts availability.