2015 Midwestern Oil Burners Rally MOB

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Ok folks the wait is over. Here is the information for the 2015 MOB Rally in July. ;Sweet

Official Dates - July 3rd - July 11th

Place - Nashville, Indiana (Brown County) about an hour south of Indianapolis.

Campground - Last Resort RV Park & Campground.
2248 State Road 46 East, Nashville, Indiana 47448
Phone: (812) 988-4675
http://www.lastresortrvpark.com/

Rates at the Campground

Full Hook up campsite (W/S/E, Cable and WIFI) $30 a night

Cabin - $40 a night - Sleeps 4 (1 Full Size and 1 set of twin bunks) Heat and A/C, with TV.

When making reservations just mention that you are with MOB (Midwestern Oil Burners) and Mellisa will get you set up.

They close their office on Nov 1st but she assured me that she will still be there working.

When calling to make your reservations she will need a Credit Card to hold the reservation. No money will be charged at that time. So why wait CALL NOW and get your self set up to attend.

Cancellation policy is 48 hours or more notice you will not be charged, if calling in after 48hours prior you will be charged a full night at FULL COST not our discounted rate.

Brown County Indiana offers some of the best twisty roads that we have to offer. The area is hilly and is often referred to as "The Mini Smokies" We will be just outside of Nashville stuffed back in the woods on a hill. So we shouldn't hear the traffic from the highway - at least I didn't hear it when I have visited. They offer a swimming pool and playground. The owners are really looking forward to seeing us. I know I am looking forward to the event.

We will have a pitch in dinner at some point during the week, I am planning on doing one outing of taking the trucks on a cruise through the back roads to view the spectacular country side that brown county offers.

I would recommend that if any of you have motorcycles that you might think of hauling them down with you as this is one area of the midwest that is known for motorcycling as the roads are twisty and the countryside views are not something that you would associate with Indiana.

In Nashville, Indiana there are shops galore of every type as these are typically locally owned little tourist trap types of stores. Nashville also has a local brewery in town where you can get beer that has been brewed right on sight and I must say that it's pretty good. I always make a point of stopping in at either one of their locations in town for a taste and I must say their pizza joint is awesome as well. They have a few ice cream shops that they churn their own right on sight as well.

As time continues I will put together some things to see and do in the area. As with the midwestern tradition I will not be planning on group outings other than scenic cruise but I will make information available on things to see and do in the area. Jill and I ride brown county as often as we can on the bike (and we have taken the truck a few times as well) so we know of a lot of hidden things to see that don't cost much if anything at all to see. Like for example where people go to pan for gold in the stream - it's actually pretty neat to watch them run the silt from the stream through their contraptions. I have been there when one set of people found something of value because they were pretty stoked. So maybe you can set up shop as well and become rich. Me I just watch.

88fordidi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also just one county away... hmm that truck looks familiar.. 73idi, did you come up to johnson county about a year ago to look at an orange highboy with a rebuilt 351mod? lol.

73IDI

Reaction score
I believe so I looked a a orange truck but I don't recall where exactly haha

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Ben,

It would be nice to meet up with you again - this time yes I'm still hosting but we aren't doing anything so I will actually have time to sit and talk. Hope you can make it.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Travis,

Looks like the Sutton family will be joining the crew in Indiana this summer. We'll have a newborn with us this time though. Can't wait man.

Heath

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Congrats doc. It will be nice to meet up again. Looking forward to seeing the newest addition to your family.

3Kp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brown County Indiana offers some of the best twisty roads that we have to offer. The area is hilly and is often referred to as "The Mini Smokies" We will be just outside of Nashville stuffed back in the woods on a hill. So we shouldn't hear the traffic from the highway - at least I didn't hear it when I have visited. They offer a swimming pool and playground. The owners are really looking forward to seeing us. I know I am looking forward to the event.

We will have a pitch in dinner at some point during the week, I am planning on doing one outing of taking the trucks on a cruise through the back roads to view the spectacular country side that brown county offers.

I would recommend that if any of you have motorcycles that you might think of hauling them down with you as this is one area of the midwest that is known for motorcycling as the roads are twisty and the countryside views are not something that you would associate with Indiana.

YES! they are great roads for motorcycles. 135 to the east of the park nice twistiest (makes me wish I still had a motorcycle)

It close to when I usually take vacation. I'll check with the wife hopefully we can come.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Travis,

The Sutton's have reserved a spot. Set to arrive the 4th and head out the 11th.

Can't wait man.

Thanks a bunch for putting this together.

Heath

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
You are still welcome to come. It is an Oilburner get-together, not an IDI get together.... per se. I have been in my PSD, a Dodge Gasser...... heck, I might take my VW one day this year.......

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
Well if its in my back yard I might as well go LOL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online