Looking at adding a turbo

blakpete91

Reaction score
As the title states I'm in the market for adding a turbo system to my 7.3 IDI. I've been lurking the boards lately and came across the "moose boost". Would I be able to run this system along with an inter-cooler safely? I've also heard that if I use an inter-cooler it's going to get in the way of my AC radiator. My truck only has 86K original miles on it so I don't see the engine being to worn out to add forced induction. Would I need bigger injectors and a modified injection pump as well? Thanks for the help. Just trying to get the ball rolling here.

Here is a picture of my truck

You must be registered for see images attach

stealth13777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can run an inter cooler, but it will require fabrication and know how on your part. Iirc the moose boost thread recommended one, but could be mixing things up. Seen a few threads on here of people doing it, seems manageable. Best place to ask most of these questions is conestoga; they are the ones with moose boost. I'm sure agnem will chime in here. Personally I would do head studs too, but not sure if they're absolutely necessary on the 7.3.

Good looking truck, especially that low of miles!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Head studs for sure.
Best to run a intercooler with any of the turbo systems.
You don't "need" different pump and injectors, but new injectors (from a trusted vendor)(conestoga would be a good choice) are always better than worn injectors, and a bigger pump will give you more power.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk