86 F-250 wandering and steering way to sensitive

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Well I posted on FTE but thought I would give this forum a chance.
My 86 F-250 diesel that I had just bought started wandering on the way home so I parked at a friends house. Anyways here's what's it's doing
At about 55 the truck starts wandering-pulling to the right ( I had just got new tires for the rear) and with just a slight movement of the wheel it jerks to the left so the steering is way to sensitive. A friend said that the truck looked like the frame is bent but it's a strait truck.
So all the problems started after I put two very worn used tires on the front I'm thinking it might be the front tires but I'm having a hard time believing that the tires are causing the problem. Any help?

Tim4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How thorough, recent, and complete is the front end lube job? I was saving up for an all new front end under my '86 2 wd when I decided to grease it.

Now it drives like a new one. For the price of a tube of grease.

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
How thorough, recent, and complete is the front end lube job? I was saving up for an all new front end under my '86 2 wd when I decided to grease it.

Now it drives like a new one. For the price of a tube of grease.

The truck is about 500 miles from me. Hopefully that's all I need the truck hasn't been on the road since 06.

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Tires are goodyears they have about 10%. Tread. They balanced out good. Maybe they have a broken belt?
Truck is an east tx truck so it has seen some mud-offroad.

oztinker47

Reaction score
Check all the bushings, especially the trailing arm bushings, check for play in the tie rod ends and the pittman arm joint, likely your problem is worn front end parts

Sent from my LG-VS410PP using Tapatalk 2

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First thing I would do is rotate the tires. While you are at it check your wheel bearings and ball joints. Rule those things out. Check the tie rods too while it's in the air.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online