92 f350 engine/transmission wiring diagram with e4od

Jjona5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I got my smoke issue resolved with a new cdr valve, the starting issue with a new set of return line caps, and the power with a new line running from the alternator stud to the ignition relay. I am now content with the engine and transmission. That being said, I'd like to have a full wiring diagram if possible so I can figure out what I can cut out of the system and what I need to keep...mostly to make sure the e4od works properly.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford is not usually prone to putting stuff in their trucks for no reason. I doubt you can cut anything out and still have it work like it's supposed to.

I checked Autozone's site, they don't have any free ones for your year. Only a 89 diagram and a 94 diagram.

Jjona5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I am swapping the engine and transmission into a 78 ford 4x4. I plan on running an aftermarket floor shifter for the e4od but I would still like a diagram to see what I can cut out. I should be able to label everything as I pull it and then just cut everything out but it would be easier if I knew what each wire was for incase some of my labeling failed. I've even been looking at this US shift e4od controller. That thing is sweet.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
You're better off using an aftermarket controller for the tranny. It will have its own harness. From there you will need a tach,VSS, and TPS signal.

If you try to remove any of the wires from a factory harness the TCM will have a fit. Besides the factory shift programming sucks. Go aftermarket.:D

Check evilbay for a Ford factory wiring book. Usually they will show up with a decent price.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since this is a project, look the wiring over. The 89 diagram below might work for you.

You must be registered for see images