My Supercharged Powerstroke

boostedretard

Reaction score

boostedretard

Reaction score
Currently there is no bypass and it does need one. I will be adding a bypass after the new blower is installed. The newer blower is larger in displacement, has a higher ve up to 70 ish %, and has lower noise. The current blower is spun as far as I can to 10,000 rpm @ 4000 rpm. I can install an over driven gear set to spin it 30% more or roughly around 14,000 rpm @ 4000 which is the red line of the M122. I will be bolting on a TVS unit which has the ability to spin 19,000 rpm. It has a slightly smaller pulley as shipped which will put the blower @ 11,000 rpm. I can latter have the blower sent out to be over driven @ 50% which will move it to above 16,000 rpm. Just bolting on the larger blower will net a few more lbs pre turbo. I do have gauges pre and after turbo to check pressure differential. I daily drive this in a 65hp canned tune and my fuel economy has been great considering the parasitic drag as the blower is always compressing. The blower does make an excellent engine brake.

boostedretard

Reaction score
Since I posted this picture I did add a idler pulley to better wrap the AC compressor. I relocated the wiring running over the blower to beneath it and ran a hose from the CCV to blower inlet. Still need to reroute the heater hose so its not running over the top of the charger. Simply the blower feeds threw the aluminum mounting plate into a lower plenum that I fabricated from a modified SBC timing cover. Fed to a 6.0 FMIC and then fed into the turbo. When I go for bigger power I will likely need to reroute the plumbing so the turbo is also inter cooled.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

boostedretard

Reaction score
Well they are already slightly chunked up from several trips down rutted out logging roads. Just ordered the new supercharger it will be on its way shortly.

leojr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the accessory belt route across the top and the bottom of the AC pump pulley?

boostedretard

Reaction score
No only grips the top. I had to add an idler to give it some wrap. This and a gator back belt gives me zero issues while the compressor is engaged. New blower is due to be dropped off tomorrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VWAudiFord

Members online