Truck running bad!

prepowerstroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I really need some help! I was sitting in trafic today and truck started randomly lope and wa scared of it stallin so I rev'ed it up some to keep it running then took off and fine then it did it again idk if this could be a plugged fuel filter? Ip taking a ****? Anything is helpfull I need my truck to drive an would like to get it fixed also does feel like it has a miss at idle..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you got more or less than a quarter tank of fuel? Less than a quarter tank and trying to stall means the foot valve has fallen off or disintegrated, your sucking some air then. Lots of other things can cause stalling, but that is the most common. Plugged filter, lift pump going bad, IP on it's way out, developed an air intrusion someplace, bad load of fuel, water in it. just some of the other causes.

prepowerstroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fuel tank is full lift pump was replaced couple months ago, original ip(110,000 miles) but I'm thinking it's the torque converter trying to lock down when standing still bc it did it again at the house and I just let it do what it was gonna do bc it was at home and if it stalled it wouldn't has to be towed and it bogged down a lot and puffing little smoke at idle(also has maxed out fuel screw, but didn't do that before) and when I pushed the gas the tires spun and it ussualy just torques over so kinda leaning towards torque converter or wiring harness?

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you can spin the tires, it is definatly NOT the trans. torque converter. Better back off that fuel adjusting screw before the IP goes to hell. See pic below, this can happen when the fuel screw is maxed out. Pic's are the IP drive shaft (Broken) and internal guts of IP.
How clean is your fuel filter?

Attachments

• DVC01462.JPG
    DVC01462.JPG
    275.5 KB · Views: 14
  • DVC01457.JPG
    DVC01457.JPG
    276.4 KB · Views: 13
  • DVC01456.JPG
    DVC01456.JPG
    268 KB · Views: 11

prepowerstroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it won't spin the tires when it doesn't do it and yeah ik it's ******* it but my engine is low on compression and needs the extra fuel to start when it's warm lol