E4OD fluid temp voltage conversion

fordtuff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a strange problem...I think..
About 400 miles into my 500 mile trip I notice my od light flashing tho tranny seems to shift/pull fine.I pull over and and check fluid etc. its full and dosent smell burnt.eat lunch, start truck after 20 min,light is still flashing but it still shifts fine..i pull over and pull the ground from battery to clear codes and that shuts light off. So after another 55 miles it starts again. I pull out the AE scanner, no codes so i go ahead and hit clear cel anyway and the light goes out. i leave the AE hooked up on live data. Drive for a few min. and observe tranny temp on the AE shows 0.46 v,which is supposed to be 212 deg and operating temp....As i drive along it gets as high as 0.58 v but od light never comes back on however when i arrive where im going i check the fluid and its still clean looking but smells as if got a bit warm...... Any ideas would be much appreciated .....

tranny was rebuilt appx... 45000 miles ago
running royal purple fluid that has appx 1500 miles on it
was pulling an empty trailer in east texas and it was/is hot and humid.

sassyrel

Reaction score
I have a strange problem...I think..
About 400 miles into my 500 mile trip I notice my od light flashing tho tranny seems to shift/pull fine.I pull over and and check fluid etc. its full and dosent smell burnt.eat lunch, start truck after 20 min,light is still flashing but it still shifts fine..i pull over and pull the ground from battery to clear codes and that shuts light off. So after another 55 miles it starts again. I pull out the AE scanner, no codes so i go ahead and hit clear cel anyway and the light goes out. i leave the AE hooked up on live data. Drive for a few min. and observe tranny temp on the AE shows 0.46 v,which is supposed to be 212 deg and operating temp....As i drive along it gets as high as 0.58 v but od light never comes back on however when i arrive where im going i check the fluid and its still clean looking but smells as if got a bit warm...... Any ideas would be much appreciated .....

tranny was rebuilt appx... 45000 miles ago
running royal purple fluid that has appx 1500 miles on it
was pulling an empty trailer in east texas and it was/is hot and humid.

still running the stock cooler????