well HELLOOOO!

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's in my neck of the woods. Wonder what kind of shape it is actually in. Looks like some dings in the pistons.

Did you ever get around to writing up the GP saver mod? Is it still working for you?

N.E fjord-by-fjord 2fiddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you ever get around to writing up the GP saver mod? Is it still working for you?

Oh yeah.... I did stock/mod/bypass switch. All work...

To be honest, I left the mod in... but I still am using stock. Mainly because I'm @ 167,000 on stock IP and injectors... Timing never adjusted either. One of my injectors is pretty bad. Hell... Might be a few. Might be ALL.

Without those GP's helping every start, she gets cranky (pun intended)

Until December (my $$$$ season) and my new Moose/matched BB's from Mel in PA... I will continue to run stock mode.

Also... I will let you know when I do that, and in another 100,000 miles after that...

...we'll know whether our mod was even worth a damn! :D

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No worries! Hadn't seen you in a while so I thought I'd ask.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
That engine did not come out of a pickup truck. See the water inlet extra fitting at the block. Still might be a fair deal. One can never have too many spares.

N.E fjord-by-fjord 2fiddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Moved.... to the area I forgot all about. I will post appropriately from now on... :idiot:

BTW... that last post looks like a nice pull job. Everything laid out all prrrrty... Good salesmanship.

DaytonaBill

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That one is configured for vans. Gotta do some switching parts from truck engine which includes truck style oil cooler tube, both motor mounts, oil dipstick, reroute the return lines and wiring harness on account that the connector is on the other side. Oh yeah, change out the driver's side exhaust manifold. Still have to install the truck style fuel filter setup though...

Been there, done that...

ToughOldFord

The Cold Glow-Plug
Reaction score
That one is configured for vans. Gotta do some switching parts from truck engine which includes truck style oil cooler tube, both motor mounts, oil dipstick, reroute the return lines and wiring harness on account that the connector is on the other side. Oh yeah, change out the driver's side exhaust manifold. Still have to install the truck style fuel filter setup though...

Been there, done that...

Considering the price...
I'd get it if it was near me, but it isn't so I thought I'd just share it here.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you kidding me??? $70?? Okay, I may have to bite the bullet on this one. The oil cooler is worth that if its not trashed right Gary?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmustang1965

Members online