very labored start

truckermark

her names birtha
Reaction score
93 7.3l n/a just did injectors with o rings new caps and lines. starts very labor intensive unless warm. when cold i can start it up after cranking for about 30 seconds. then shut it off and try again and itl still start hard taking about 20 seconds. when its warm i can shut it off and start it right up again. i tested and all glow plugs are good. relay clicks once then buzzes for "desired" time then starts hard. i am stumped please reply thanks
p.s when it runs it runs great no misses at all

jordanjohngse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
make sure all your supply and return lines airnt leaking from the installation kit, i know they give you the c-clip style clamps, not hex screw style. take your air cleaner off and look behind and feel with your fingers make sure nothing leaking there. have you tried driving it for awhile stopping for awhile like go shopping or work then try agian? my idi did the same thing all that plus a little love in the gas tank (wmo, tranny fluid) a filter changed got me starting better then cummins.

truckermark

her names birtha
Reaction score
thanks for the tip i will try tranny fluid among other goodys. i put a new filter on and expensive hose from napa and no cigar. and yes have done 3 sets of o rings just to make sure. thanks for the tipi will try it ouyt

Rx7man

Reaction score
I'd check to make sure you're not losing prime on the IP somewhere.. it's one of the cheaper thing to look for before replacing stuff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online

No members online now.