Did the 60's Ford truck ever come in 4 door?

tbrumm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That body style is from 1967-1972. Ford did make a few in crew cab cionfguration but I thought all of those were shortbeds. No diesels in the pickups in those days.

Dieselrob

Reaction score
That body style is from 1967-1972. Ford did make a few in crew cab cionfguration but I thought all of those were shortbeds. No diesels in the pickups in those days.

Did they have a gasoline motor back then worth a damn? I love that body style, I guess I could live with the gas motor until I could swap in a diesel.

tbrumm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did they have a gasoline motor back then worth a damn? I love that body style, I guess I could live with the gas motor until I could swap in a diesel.

Let's see - back then I think a lot of the trucks came with the 352 V8, which later became the 360 and 390. I had a 390 in my 1971. They were good motors but weren't exactly built for fuel economy either.

Dieselrob

Reaction score
Let's see - back then I think a lot of the trucks came with the 352 V8, which later became the 360 and 390. I had a 390 in my 1971. They were good motors but weren't exactly built for fuel economy either.

So fast, but you weren't passing gas stations...

G. Mann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't want to jack this thread, but this just came up on the local Craigs List. Seems someone on this thread could give it the love it needs and a good IDI engine it deserves..

http://tucson.craigslist.org/cto/4303760429.html

Not mine, never saw it in person, don't know anything other than what the ad says about it.

I do have a complete running spare 6.9 with a 4 speed behind it.. or a spare ZF5 speed I could "maybe sell" .... if someone wants to come to AZ and make a project truck haul.. two stop shop.. ha.. just bring $, right?

Cucamongan

Huh?
Reaction score
Found a '66 that's supposedly an original crew cab...
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

NEVERMIND! Sorry for bringing this back from the dead......

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I swore by the 390. For decades. I have a 71 f250 camper special that we used to tow a cab over camper and a boat across the continent. Fuel consumption was I between 8-14 mpg, but never left us stranded, except when we changed the timing chain cover and it started eating fuel pumps.
With a granny low, it was the main source of towing, hauling, and stump pulling.
Now that I've aquired 7.3's I have retired the truck. And will one day be restored.
I would love to do a crew cab with one of these, but I've personally never seen one.
The 390 was built in 83, and last year I did a top end job because I went to change the cracked manifolds and broke several bolts. She's an in yard truck now, but I would not hesitate to dust her off and take her for a long drive. Once in a while, I like to grab a cup of coffee and go outside before the crack of dawn and light her off just to hear the lope of the cam, the neighbors don't like it much, but that's their problem. Lol

Thank you for resurrecting this post, I'm out of town for the week and noticed my dad has a 69 f250 that he has not played with in about 6 years. Inspires me to go play!!