Have you used or even heard of this fuel additive?

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I've seen this stuff talked about in cummins, powerstroke, and duramax forums like it's a true miracle in a bottle. Not just some purple powder from the ferries.
It's Hotshots Secret. http://www.hotshotsecret.com/
I was Utterly surprised when I saw it being sold at Atwoods the other day. Being that stuff talked about this much is only available online.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Nope never heard of it before but they sure do talk it up on their website. What can it hurt to try it - our engines will burn about anything if it will ignite under pressure.

whd507

Reaction score
Tractor Supply Co sells it, our local store moves quite a few each week. at $50 a shot, it better be good. they have some fuel additives too, but the oil additive flies off the shelf there.

crazytwo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My BIL works on a lot of Ford mini buses. He uses the stiction stuff on a 6.0 PSD if it has any kind of injector issue to see if it will clear it up before pulling injectors. It has solved some issues. I think he charges $4-5k to replace injectors in a E series bus. His customers are happy when it works.

idiTravelAll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny thing I just asked a buddy who owns 4 Cummins trucks what additives he uses he mentioned hotshots fuel and stiction eliminator are the only 2 he uses. I read up on it and decided not to drop the cash for either, if I had HEUI injectors I'd more than likely use their fuel additive.

rubberfish

Reaction score
I'm not bashing. Running an additive is necessary. But the last line on their page is funny.

"EDT can also be used in furnace fuel oil for more efficient fuel utilization and a more trouble-free furnace operation without producing any harmful emissions."

They advertising goes from trucks to home heating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnlx