FS: 1979 Chevy Scottsdale K10 4x4 shortbox, complete drivetrain rebuilt

BigBadJohn

Reaction score
Listing my pickup for sale. I bought a newer Z71 last year and dont use this as often anymore so it's time to let it go. Plus I'm getting married this summer and I told her that all of the money from the truck I'm setting aside for the wedding fund.

1979 Chevrolet Scottsdale K10 4x4 1/2 ton shortbed. Has a 350 engine and TH350 transmission with posi 3.73 gears.
Rancho shocks, BDS suspension lift, American racing aluminum wheels, BF Goodrich all terrains, Nerf bars, Delta tool box, Eclipse CD player, Amplifier, 2 Pioneer subs behind the seat, Viper alarm system. Alarm system could use a new pin switch under the hood and some new batteries in the fobs, 350 engine Jasper rebuild that was put in in 2005. I have the receipt from Carls 4-wheel drive showing the engine and exhaust work, Edelbrock 600 cfm electric choke carburetor, Edelbrock intake manifold, Transmission rebuilt in 2005, Transfer case was rebuilt in 2004/2005, Rear end rebuilt in 2005, New front and rear drive shafts put in 2004-2006 somewhere, Has a 60/40 split seat from a 98 Sileverado, 90s GM pickup steering wheel, Reese hitch, Optima red top battery put in a few months ago.
Other work that's been done recently was last fall I put new Gates belts on all of the accessories, put a new alternator on it for a voltage fluctuation problem, new starter this spring, changed the plugs last fall, new shoes and brake cylinders last fall as well as replaced a couple brake lines and the rear brake cable and left rear brake cable/whip. I forget what else.
The tires in the back are great, the fronts are still good last time I checked, comes with a full size spare with never used matching American racing wheel.
Has a painless wiring accessory switch box between the driver and middle low on the dash. Nothing is really used on it anymore. The previous owner was a firefighter and had lights hooked up to it.
Has OEM towhooks on the front of the frame.. Has Warn brand manual locking hubs, otherwise its full time 4wd
The truck does have AC although it's a 70s pickup so it isn't super cold. Could just use a charge for all I know. I just preferred to open the vent windows instead.
Has an FM inline transmitter installed on the antenna of the radio so you can listen to your iPhone/iPod/cd player.
Comes with a bunch of spare parts accumulated as well as a couple new parts including new pads for the front.
Replaced the blower fan for the heat/AC
Has an aftermarket overhead shelf in the front of the roof inside as well as a Dashmat dash cover (yes the dash is cracked).
Does need a new window washer pump.
Previous owner had put around $20k into the truck in the 90s and when I bought the truck, he gave me a large stack of receipts. I have since misplaced them.
All of the major work was done by Carls 4 wheel drive in Bartelso, IL (by me and the previous owner) although I dont really have any receipts as Im terrible with organization.
It is in good shape mechanically if you can look past the rust in the quarters and the occasional dent here and there. I would drive this truck to hell and back. I love this truck but as much as it pains me to see it go, with another truck, theres no sense in keeping it.
I have never taken it mudding, only used the 4 wheel drive when I needed it, and never torn it up.
Clear title in hand.

$3000 obo. I prefer to do face to face deals but if picking the truck up isn't an option, I would be willing to arrange a pick up with a third party auto courier. I have used one a couple times in the past and it went fine. Feel free to post in here or PM me with any questions, etc.
Located near Kell, IL
Thanks for looking.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

BigBadJohn

Reaction score
Post apocalyptic zombie wasteland fit vehicle. Can get you anywhere you want to go and at least you wont have to pay for the gas then
$3500 obo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online