Compression "Jake Brake" for a 12 Valve!

txquigly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok everybody,
Here's something some friends of mine have been working on for a while now! It is an actual 6 cyl, hydraulicly actuated mechanical engine brake for a 12 valve cummins! It has a timed pump actuating 6 individual hydraulic cylinders mounted in a billet valve cover! I will post some pics later when they clear it, but here's the YouTube link for one of the road tests we did! This thing Really works! It's not just a "leaker" brake like the one sold for the 24 valve, but an actual compression brake like a "Jake".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WncV8Hl3e_I

Hope ya'll enjoy this!

BTW: They are starting development for the 4 BT, the 6BT 24 valve, the IDI Ford and the 7.3 Powerstroke engines!!

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not really sure yet, but they're working on it!
I had a feeling as much, but figured it couldn't hurt to ask :angel: IMHO it's a great idea, but I suspect that the cost could be prohibitive...IIRC butterfly-valve exhaust brakes are in the $1000 to $1500 range; if this costs too much more than that, I suspect they won't sell very well...

Armo

Reaction score
they have funding for the jake brake up!

I wanted to bring this to everyone's attention so we can show our support and see if we can help these people get the ball rolling!
They have a funding program up to get things started so lets show our support. It can be found here https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/thunderbrake

Rx7man

Reaction score
Would really like to see a video of it first, and at least a ballpark on price :) sounds like it would be a unique thing to have :)

Armo

Reaction score
Would really like to see a video of it first, and at least a ballpark on price :) sounds like it would be a unique thing to have :)

Go to the link i posted they have a 4k price tag to get one of the first run that is if they meet the funding they need. The site has a video as well. If they dont meet the needed funding they dont charge anything and the project will never come to be.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01