So what did you do with your truck today?

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
I have been hauling around a couple of work boxes lately, maybe 500lbs total extra weight, truck sure does ride better.

In addition to that, I hooked up my box trailer today, 16' twin axle, loaded to about 5,000lb and down the road I went. 60mph in 5th gear and the truck rode like a Lincoln town car, was more quiet than usual, almost as if it was meant to have that kind of weight all the time.:sly

I come to a 4 lane high way and make a right turn. straighten out in second and put the go pedal to the floor. 2200 rpm's she comes on strong and pulls to 3700 ish, hit third and watch the gauges. Boost to 9.5 psi, pyro pushes to 1000deg for the first time since the rally I would guessLOL. come up to 60mph in third and hit 4th for another 10mph. Here we go, cruising like a champ. Hit a red light and do it all over again.:sly:peeloutThis time I see the temp coming up on 210* and hear the fan clutch lock up and start cooling things off. Go pedal to the floor through 1st, second and third see 3700rpm's again, hit 4th for a bit and right into OD. This time the temp has receded to less than 200 deg and all is well. Get to my destination and let the truck idle for about 10 minutes after I back the trailer in place;Sweet

It was nice giving the ol' girl a workout even though it wasn't an extreme amount of weight to pull.

Fueled her up and double checked my recovery gear also. Ready for Hurricane Sandy now.:D

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Today was the sabith... I gave my rig the day off to sit in the driveway and took the Accord to the beach.. Wifey and I walked along the shore line in and out of the water. Felt great to see her smileing so much. Its been some time. So what did I do today for my rig... Leterrest all day..:thumbsup::D

kc0stp

30 Hour Famine
Reaction score
Picked up a new bed for the ole girl so here soon I should have her looking good and turning heads like shes supposed to (vs the ran down beat to hell shape I got her in), just need to cut the rear bumper off, modify my front for better airflow (and mount it), finsh the bondo on the cab corners and mount the new bed (plus Linex and Painting) :)

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
I looked at my truck, dead from no fuel as I prepared for the weather. Hope I dont need my truck cause it ain't running. But Im ready for rain!! lol

Reaction score
Drove her after having her sit in the driveway for a little over two weeks. No leaks, which was a small blessing because it seems like it is always dripping something lately.

Nice to sit behind the wheel of something with some low end torque, though. Just got back from two weeks in Europe driving a rental Renault Megane diesel. Not impressed to say the least.

Mike

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
All three did what they do best, sit and look good

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
I replaced the weather stripping that goes between the hood and the cowl. With all the rain we have been getting I figured its time I replace that 28 year old piece of rubber. I used garage door weather stripping and a tube of silicone and a few extra screws, should be fine now, not a perfect fit but at least its better then it was.

-In the past month or so:
The whole truck has a fresh DIY undercoat job and ready for winter. Oh and a new lower rad hose heater to keep it happy. And a set of Hella aux additional high beams and aux back-up lights.

Last edited:

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
looked at it sitting in the yard. aint been started in a few weeks. should get a workout this week hauling scrap

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just double dosed my truck with AutoRX and I gotta say: I flogged the crap out of my truck for the last 1000 miles, including today. I also ran B99 almost exclusively for the last two fillups, and I am now running one gallon of full synthetic Delo. I will have some formal follow up on all these "mods", but I have to say AutoRX continues to amaze me and the biodiesel smells good and seems to run better (maybe its the combination of AutoRX treatment?). I was afraid to run a complete full synthetic oil change as I've seen some high mileage engines leak pretty good and mine is definitely high mileage.

Glad some of you gave your truck the day off: I've been beating mine pretty hard for the quarter of a million on the odometer, but she's treating me well ;Sweet

kubotaorange76

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Treated her to about 25 gallons of filtered motor oil in fuel tanks, greased her, changed pass side rear wheel seal and bearing to updated design and took it to the end of the driveway to take out trash get mail and feed th chickens. Then rode around the property for about 30 mins.

Last edited:

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
I fired up the '86 and the '92 and put some petro-diesel in them. Kinda got caught with my pants down so to speak. I had been running B100 in the summer, and well...summer ended abruptly two weeks ago when the temperature dropped from +10C to -7C and stayed there. The cloud point for my biodiesel is about 0C. It just warmed up to +2C today. Enough for me to fire them up and get them to the fuelling station. Woot! The fuel should be good 'till about -20 now.

cr430c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seeing that it was the sabbath. I drove to church and back. Changed the fuel filter yesterday though.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Went out to Wawa and did a little pre storm survey. It's getting nasty out there. my neighborhood street is covered in water and the water is lapping at people's doorsteps.

Attachments

• hurricane sandy.jpg
    hurricane sandy.jpg
    420.2 KB · Views: 1,977

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online