Register to remove these ads

Thread: >>> SLEEPER BOOT <<<

Full Access Member
    Thanks

Default >>> SLEEPER BOOT <<<

I have just spent the better part of two hours searching for something I figured would be a simple find --- replacement sleeper-boot material; comes in a roll and sold by the foot.

I can find that accordian stuff everywhere, but not the big truck stuff, which is simply flat, with no edge-clips nor pleats.

My sleeper is a Double Eagle; I tried my links to their site and only get "this site no longer available", like maybe they are no longer in existence.

I figured I could have found this stuff, had it bought, and already been in bed by now.

Does anyone know of an online source for sleeper boot material ??

I have found a few places that advertise replacing sleeper boots, but their sites are very spartan and only say that they do the service.

Thanks.

1985 F-350 repowered with a 1989 6BT CUMMINS

THE DIESEL POWER UNIT UNDER YOUR HOOD IS AN ENGINE

MOTORS ARE ELECTRIC

Thanks

There's a possible answer, or at least a hint toward an answer, at the following website.

Double Eagle

They mention a phone number and a website address. Hope this helps.
    Ken
    1992 F-350 Crew Cab, E4OD, Dually, stock +guages, Carrier fuel pump, Goldenrod fuel filter.
    1986 F-250 Extended Cab, C6, 4x4, awaiting engine transplant in Maine.

My Photos

Thanks

THe company is out of business. Too dang bad, I would love to have one of those things.
    Id bet they are attached just likea big truck and they use a big strip of flat heavy rubber pinched into the framework on each side
    '92 f350 cc dually, 5 sp+ 3 speed Spicer 5831 Brownie , Solid Flywheel & Kevlar Clutch, 7.3 ATS turbo, Hypermax Cowl Induction, Custom Aluminum Rodney Red Radiator,Evan's waterless coolant,Zero pressure system, MS Tech Fan Clutch, 16" & 10" electric pusher fans,Derale Electra-cool remote oil cooler, 4" exhaust,Dual Facet Duralift E-pumps, 150 Gallon bed tank from a Volvo semi, Amsoil bypass filter w/ Amsoil 15w-40 Diesel and Marine , Victor Reinz gaskets , Western Hauler bed, Warn M12000 winch, Per Lux fog Lights, Borgeson steering shaft, 1" hockey puck lift,Rear air conditioning, Air seat, Onboard air system with rear air bags with automatic level control,West coast mirrors, Bilsteins

* Life is like a crap sandwich... The more bread you've got, the less crap you have to eat

Full Access Member
    Thanks

It is just like you describe, RSDSL.

There is a panel screw-attached onto the back of the truck's cab that has a flange that is an exact match in shape/size to the opening on the sleeper.

Onto these flat flanges, both truck-cab and sleeper, first = an inch-wide strip of gooey tar-like sealer goes all the way around; on top of that, the actual flat rubber strip of boot that spans the gap between cab and sleeper; another layer of that gooey stuff; over all of this are two flanges that clamp/sandwich all of this together, through which a million screws clamp this flange to the ones rigidly attached to the cab and sleeper.

The butt-ends of the wide rubber boot meet at bottom-center where it is least likely that water will ever intrude.

Once all of this is installed and firmly sandwiched together, a thick layer of cushioning foam goes all around, covered by a leather upholstery and various trim pieces to yield a finished look.

It takes a good day to get at and replace a boot.

MOTORS ARE ELECTRIC

Full Access Member
    Thanks

Check out the products from Uni-Grip. They have all kinds of rubber extrusions.

I've bought accordion seal here and can highly recommend them.

They are a manufacturer that sells direct to the public and will cut you any length you need.

Full Access Member
    Thanks

Thank you, tonkadoctor; I will give them a call as soon as I get some accurate measurements.

As hard as this stuff is to find, I will probably get enough for two or three re-seals.

MOTORS ARE ELECTRIC

Thanks

Hey Rider! I am about 20 miles from Shipshewana. Where Double Eagle or (Double Buzzard) as we called them from where the shop was. They have been out of business for quite a number of years. ARI - Legacy Sleepers is in Shipshewana also. They build the best sleeper on the market today. I have a friend that works over there.

Link to their site: http://www.legacysleepers.com/

Maybe they can help you out too.... They are good people to deal with....

Let me know if I can help ya out....

Hoss....
    Hoss....

New 02/27/12
    2000 F350SD SRW,4x4,CC,SB,PSD,4R100,3.73's,271K,Intake,5"Exh,4 "DP,Piped,315/75/16 on 10" Alum., Headache Rack,Strobes,Toolbox,B&W,Gauges,Air Gate, Cab Visor,Vent Shades,Lobo V-plow,Tint,DMI Bumper,PHP Hydra Chip, Roll Up Bed Cover....
    New 03/19/11
    1996 F350 4x4 CC LB PSD E4OD 4.10's 330K,Air Gate,Bully Dog TS Chip,285's on Alloys,
    Black Dog:10/03 "The First IDI"
    1986 F250 4x4,SC,LB,6.9L,C-6,XLT-Lariat,8.5' Western Pro Plow,3.54's,Elec.Lift Pump,285's on Outlaw II,SS GP conv.with the IH kit-07/04!,375K+ Tired!!!!-Sold?
    Arrived!!!! 11/22/2008
    1993 F350HD 4x4,SC,LB,7.3NA-IDI,ZF5,XLT,3.55's,
    265's on fact. alum.,Intake,Cab Lights, 173K,40/20/40,Vent Shades,Nerf Bars,Cab Visor,Window Tint,Piped,Soon to be 4 Sale
    Acquired: 11/07
    1997 F250HD 4x4,SC,LB,PSD,E4OD,XLT,4.10's,Piped,
    265's on alloys,Intake,3" DP,B&W,40/20/40,
    Fuel Reg. w/BeeBee,231K,Cab Visor,Vent Shades,Cab Lights,SS Nerf Bars,Tint...Soon to be 4 sale