95 fummins needs cruise control

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
Hello I picked up a 95 fummins as most of you know and I need to get cruise working it had cruise when it was a power stroke but I need a control box for it now anyone know how to get this working

zebrabeefj40

Reaction score
How is the thottle connected now? For my Fummins swap the plan is to use the stock Ford cable. With the stock Ford thottle cable the stock cruise cable snaps right on the side. All stock parts and no messing around.

If your truck didn't come with cruise it is very likely the wiring is in place anyway. There is a '96 F250 in the family fleet that did not come with cruise. My brother and I pulled all the bits from junkyard trucks and plugged them into the stock harness with maybe a splice in the brake switch. Was pretty easy IIRC.

Nick

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
well it has a throttle cable on it idk whats it from because i thought all powerstrokes were electric throttles the steering wheel has cruise on it but there is no box under the hood i think i can get a cruise unit out of an explorer and make it work with the powerstroke ecm

chvycmnslvr68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I believe that the ford uses a speed sensor in the rear diff .. if you used a dodge trans with your cummins transplant you should have a speedo cable output on the tranny or transfercase if 4x4 and a chevy cruise coontrol from a late seventies or eighties is a single wire hookup plus a brake light tap .. just need a cable and a vaccum accuator ... but I bet the cruise from a 93 94 IDI would plug and play in your ford ...

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
Pretty sure he's still got the ford ZF. Has all of the steering wheel controls and the PSD truck side wiring. It looked to me like a Ford style throttle cable was used.

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
Thats right at this point i might take the box out of the 93 and see if i can make it work

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking the cruise control on a powerstroke was done electronically by the computer. So you have the buttons and all the speed sensors, but the cummins is controlled by a throttle cable. So I'm sure it can be done, but you need to integrate a cruise servo with a cable into the mix. You may end up being stand alone as I'm thinking that getting the computer to control a servo is tough. Now you may be able to look at the cruise circuit from a 92-94 IDI truck or maybe gasser if they still use the servo an swap most of that system over. You could use your switces in the steering wheel and add the brake switch and other connections as needed along with the cruise servo and the cruise brain box.

Good luck. I'm sure instructions are somewhere on the net. As I'm sure many people have done this already.

Jjona5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to steal your thread but I am swapping a 7.3l idi into my 78 ford and I took the cable based cruise out of the donor truck along with the e4od. I plan on using a trans controller and I was curious how the pinout on the servo cruise works. I would love to have cruise as this is being built as a truck to drive back and forth to west texas in.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
The cruise system also has a computer mounted under the dash.
May look into a aftermarket unit.

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk