plate between motor and trans

Badassford23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the plate that goes between the motor and trans different on a two drive truck and four drive truck is the flexplate different also

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like said; 2WD or 4WD the flexplate is the same, but there is a difference in which transmission you have. An E4OD takes the 4 bolt flexplate and the 4R100 takes a 6 bolt flexplate. The only truck you show in your sig is the 92 with a 351 engine and a E4OD.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It a 2001 powerstroke that I'mbuilding the flexplate is hitting the bottom of the motor plate
Take a pic and post. What the heck is the motor plate? Are you saying "motor plate" is the dust cover between the engine and tranny?

Badassford23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Transmission I can't add pic rite now want let me I'm on my phone it about a inch wide n it go between the motor n tran the starter bolt to it

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the pic is what your talking about, it has to go on first before the flexplate is bolted to the crank. If the flexplate is rubbing anywhere, it would be the wrong flexplate. With the flexplate on, can you mount the starter and see if the starter gear will engage the flexplate correctly?

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would be easy to see if it's bent, it would wobble when bolted up. You sure your bolting it on the correct way? It will bolt on with the gear inwards or outwards. It should be a 164 tooth ring gear on it.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
Like said; 2WD or 4WD the flexplate is the same, but there is a difference in which transmission you have. An E4OD takes the 4 bolt flexplate and the 4R100 takes a 6 bolt flexplate. The only truck you show in your sig is the 92 with a 351 engine and a E4OD.

95 and up E4OD (PSD) uses a six hole flex plate. Same as the 4R100. :D