Need a weird size battery...

DOE-SST

1994 E350
Reaction score
My E350 7.3 IDI has two battery compartments.

The smaller is 5.5" x 14" by 10.5" max height. I can stretch it to 6" but that has the batt touching the air conditioner housing and the frame.

I'm looking for a starting battery that will fit and has 750+ cca.

I've looked all over town but the only ones that fit are 4" x 9" and they have only 500 cca.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Yes, do a search using the words batteries or G31 on this forum You'll find more info than You can read in a month.

For Your information G31 is very common large, lots of reserve and comes from 850 to 1100 CCA at 0f.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
You're right I didn't pay good attention to the width. Yep G31 will be 6 3/4" or 7" AFAIK.

2manydsls

Reaction score
I had to get a "emergency vehicle" ambulance battery for the small hole in my 92. Cost over $115 from NAPA.
Ross

Exekiel69

Reaction score
i need new ones and I'm going to interstate to buy reconditioned for $35 or factory blems for $45!

Where do you guys get this deals, I went to the local battery warehouse and he calls blem (blemished) a used interstate battery cookoo.
When I first looked for a set I called several places but all say they don't have any.
I was looking for a set of G31 to put on one of My trucks but the best deal so far is a local truck shop at $90 a pop.

DOE-SST

1994 E350
Reaction score
I had to get a "emergency vehicle" ambulance battery for the small hole in my 92. Cost over $115 from NAPA.
Ross

Interesting solution.

What were the cold cranking amps?

I want around 750 CCA, for this battery tray, and am considering fabricating a new tray that can hold two smaller batteries. I can stretch my sideways measurement from 14" to 16", which will allow two small 340 CCA batts to fit side by side. Cost should be around $100, plus connecting cables.

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
I can't remember the last time I seen the engine compartment on a 92+ van, but is it tighter than this?

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought year old g31's for 30 bucks a piece at a battery dealer up the road from me.

You may just need to make a few phone calls and have a few people do some searches for you in their databases.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Caterpillar makes a ton of different batteries. Have a look at their battery reference HERE. The dementions and CCA of every battery they make is listed. You'll certainly find one that will meet your needs there. Plus, they are good batteries as well.

Heath

DOE-SST

1994 E350
Reaction score
Caterpillar makes a ton of different batteries. Have a look at their battery reference HERE. The dementions and CCA of every battery they make is listed. You'll certainly find one that will meet your needs there. Plus, they are good batteries as well.

Heath

Thanks.

I looked at all their battery dimensions, but the ones that would fit the OEM tray are 500 CCA.

NAPA's ambulance battery is 600 CCA.

Two lawn tractor batteries would get me to 680 CCA. But fabbing a new tray wouldn't be very fun, the only access is from the top.

I'll keep looking a bit longer.

I do appreciate all the suggestions.:rock:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tottripp

Members online