fuel filter restriction sensor

Thatguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is the part located near the top of the fuel manager on the driver side..... has a reddish orangish wire coming out of a bullet style connector........ prone to fuel leak??????? I am peeing fuel out of it and was wondering what is gonna cost or if I should just take out out and plug the hole the 1/8 npt pipe plug?

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wrap the plug in teflon tape,the white stuff plumbers use.i believe its 1/8NPT.take the sensor out and take it to the hardware store with you.they can tell you what thread you need.

Thatguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to take the truck. My mom took my Blazer to AZ for a few weeks to visit friends, my wife is out and about with the Prius, Still can't find the key to my Lincoln, and I already put the Porche away for the winter.

1/8th you think?

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i believe its 1/8.if you have to take the truck pull the sensor in the parking lot,go get the plug and tape and put the plug in it in the parking lot.

sorry im not more help on this.my stock fuel system was removed a couple months after i bought the truck.

Thatguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
waiting for it to warm up a bit....... maybe my wife will get home before I go....... I have a really hard time driving the Prius ...... nothing really wrong with it, just shear male ego.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i wouldnt be caught dead in a prius,driving or riding.:eek: take the truck and fix it in the parking lot;Sweet

Thatguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
unfortunately ....... they had a 1/8 npt plug but it was galvanized. I have been told galvanized and diesel doesn't get along. good think I went in and checked before taking it out...... it has to be 1/8..... I don't see that being 1/4.

I like the Prius (I am a tech head) but I just won't drive it (looks like an egg shaped *****). its not a road trip car anyways... not big enough ...... but it does get 52 mpg around town and when my wife starts her internship, she will be driving 500 miles a week to different schools through out the district and or section of the state.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online