kinda a twin turbo

88 F250

Reaction score
Sorry I was being dumb and called it wrong. It is an M112. But ya it'll definitely be big enough. And I already have my intercooler on. Its pretty huge. It is 24"x18"x4" and the inlet and outlet are 3". That will definitely provide more than enough cooling. Lol

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
A 50 trim t3 would come on 2.3 ford turbo engines.

I got looking at the specs of both the m112 and m90, I guess the max outlet pressure is 2.0 bars boost, not 2.0 bars absolute pressure. So, they will make around 30psi, not 15 given they can flow enough air to make those numbers. I would definitely want to run a cooler, looks like the exit temps are 200degrees at 10psi at 12000rpm. 150at 10psi at 4000rpm if the map I found is correct.-Flame Thr

I'd like to see those pictures, I've only seen blowers on chev diesels.

Pix are on post #15. Like I said, just sort of a mock up for now. I am neck deep in trying to get 1000 other projects done, and half of those are just trying to get this thing back on the road.

http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?t=45116

SWS

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DAMN finish that supercharger already!! Lol. I need to finish mine to tho. I will as soon as I get it to San Diego. I know my truck has a V belt system on it. Is there any way I could swap out every pully and put on 8 rib pullys from a Powerstroke? Or do I have to swap out the waterpump and everything else in order to have 8 rib pullys?

FordGuy100

Reaction score
With the advancement in turbo technology, I will put forth the idea that a twin turbo system isnt advisable.

VGT, Variable Geometry Turbo, thats what should be adapted. HE351VGT's (found on 06+common rail cummins) have an exhaust housing that can change in size from 3cm^2-26cm^2.

3cm^2 is very small, and would spool very fast. Which would mean boost right off idle. To high of rpm's would overspeed the turbo, so the viens are adjusted to open the exhaust housing up to say 12cm^2. Now one might ask how to control a VGT without electronics? Thats were we need to put our enginuity together.

What a VGT turbo will give you is great spool up down low, and once opened up perfect boost in the upper RPM's without causing to much backpressure and raising EGT's.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've always been intrigued by Variable Geometry Turbos. But twins would be really cool on a diesel too. Lol. I mean how many diesels let alone an idi have you heard of with twins. But on the other hand AGTs are cool too. Either way I wouldn't complain. Haha

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a fair amount of Cummins guys running the HE351VE adapted to use a wastegate actuator to control the exhaust side.
I know that much smaller than about 7CM is getting into the exhaust brake part of the turbo. Even 9cm is going to be quite small for an IDI, but the bigger end of it will be ok, somewhere around 16 or so should spool well, while on a Cummins that is starting to get a little laggy.
Compressor wise it's a little bit bigger than a stock 7.3 PSD turbo, so it might work not too badly, it flows enough for around 20 psi while staying in it's efficency range.
Personally I like the idea of a small pair of twins on weld el manifolds, but, thats just me.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm kinda confused how a waste gate would control the nozzle on one of those turbos. I recall a while back in a diesel magazine that some had one on a truck but it was controlled by some kind of controller. I just wish I remembered what kind of truck it was or even the magazine it was in. Lol. I'll have to look through my magazines now. Lmao

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online

No members online now.