kinda a twin turbo

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why not run a belt driven super with the turbo(s)... then as the turbos are spooling you already have the super boosting :dunno

I've seen some rigs that done that, I'd rather have a super than AC LOL

FordGuy100

Reaction score
That's what detroits do as well, for other reasons but supercharger is for idle-low rpms and the turbo is or the upper rpms.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Ya man, I got my money on 500. Probably doesn't flow any more air then at 20psi. I would have liked to see the drive pressure.LOL[/QUOTE]

The thing was surging like crazy at that psi, but with that much boost when you got pn it hard and then let out realy fast the turbo bark it made sounded amazing:D i miss driving my idit

429idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The thing was surging like crazy at that psi, but with that much boost when you got pn it hard and then let out realy fast the turbo bark it made sounded amazing:D i miss driving my idit

Turbo bark is awesome. I can't get mine to do that.

Hey 429 ... have you had your truck on rollers? and what cam are you running in your engine? ..just wondering...

Stock cam, I'm guessing the rollers is a dyno,:dunno haven't had it there yet, I'm waiting to get the intercooler, compounds, pump and injectors on. It's getting there.

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stock/ATS 093 turbo is a Garrett TC4305, It's a T3/TO4B-H Trim hybrid, compressor side has a 58mm wheel, 70 trim, .70 A/R, the exhaust side is 57mm wheel, 76 trim and a .82 A/R. I plucked that info off of Garret's site a while back.

MidnightBlade

Shiftin' Smooth
Reaction score
what would be the best turbo for twins at 20 psi@ 3300. that is where my Gov. is, will most likely tow around 1800-2800 RPM

88 F250

Reaction score
I'm goin to kinda do what rhkcommander said. My friend and I made a mount for his 6.9 and had and Eaton M120 mounted on it but before we could finish it he had to sell his truck. So I bought the mount and the supercharger from him. Right now I just have a ATS 093 turbo on it and was wondering if running 20psi split between the supercharger and turbo would still overdrive the turbo or is it alright cus its not doing all the work? I know by itself at 20 psi the turbo is a little overworked but I was sure if this was still the case?

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I'm goin to kinda do what rhkcommander said. My friend and I made a mount for his 6.9 and had and Eaton M120 mounted on it but before we could finish it he had to sell his truck. So I bought the mount and the supercharger from him. Right now I just have a ATS 093 turbo on it and was wondering if running 20psi split between the supercharger and turbo would still overdrive the turbo or is it alright cus its not doing all the work? I know by itself at 20 psi the turbo is a little overworked but I was sure if this was still the case?

My vote is do it! and show us some pictures!

429idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You can't flow more air than the turbo can itself, you would still have to get a bigger turbo. You would need to get one that will flow more air at a lower pressure ratio. How much can the m120 flow?

429idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did some looking around, and could only find specs for the Eaton m112. That supercharger will flow enough air to make 20psi, but is limited to a pressure ratio of 2:1 (14.7psi boost). It seems to me it would be a better Idea to build something so the outlet of the blower goes into the intake of the turbo, since the turbo can run the P/R but can't supply the air, and the super can supply the air but can't run the P/R, and then it would be easier to run all the air to an intercooler before the engine. I know the 120 is probably bigger, but it can still probably only run a 2:1 P/R.

Or, you can mount the 120 on your intake manifold, hook up two t04b 62-1's to your exhaust manifolds, and run 50psi:sly:peelout:thumbsup:

88 F250

Reaction score
I'll do it as soon as I get my truck to San Diego. Lol. I just got stationed here and my truck is still in Idaho. But ya I will definitely do it when I get it down here and I'll have lots of pics for sure. As far as the turbo goes I'll upgrade that to eventually. And as for the supercharger, I'm sure it'll flow enough for what I'm needing. I believe it flows 2.3L. That would be enough to at least get some good low end boost and spool the turbo. I believe it will push in the upper teens as far as boost goes on a 5.4L in a lightning. So it should be big enough for my truck. Haha.

88 F250

Reaction score
Oh and another thing. I'll see if my friend who has my truck will take a picture of the charger and mount and send it to me so I can at least post that for you all to see to.

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
The M112 will flow plenty. The one I am going to use is the M-90. They are small enough to fit under the hood, and the 6.9 only has 20 more CFMs than the 3.8 which had the original SC on top. I have pix of a kind of mock up.

SWS

429idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if i were to go to a u pull it scrap yard what would i find a garret t-3 50-1 on?

A 50 trim t3 would come on 2.3 ford turbo engines.

The M112 will flow plenty. The one I am going to use is the M-90. They are small enough to fit under the hood, and the 6.9 only has 20 more CFMs than the 3.8 which had the original SC on top. I have pix of a kind of mock up.

I got looking at the specs of both the m112 and m90, I guess the max outlet pressure is 2.0 bars boost, not 2.0 bars absolute pressure. So, they will make around 30psi, not 15 given they can flow enough air to make those numbers. I would definitely want to run a cooler, looks like the exit temps are 200degrees at 10psi at 12000rpm. 150at 10psi at 4000rpm if the map I found is correct.-Flame Thr

I'd like to see those pictures, I've only seen blowers on chev diesels.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01