kinda a twin turbo

429idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wastegated housing can be smaller without the danger of overspeeding the turbo, so in effect, yes they will spool quicker. The best thing is to have an external wastegate, with a small non gated housing.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ur looking at 2 small ricer turbos i think i saw a pair of t2s would work for that well

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Why would you go though all the trouble of building a system to run a 35lb/min at that intake temp/efficiency? All the stock turbo's we use are not that efficient, and are out of their efficiency map by 12psi. If your going to throw different setups in there, you
might as well go with something more effficient/in it's efficiency map at your prechosen psi level (which is almost always higher than 12psi). Just saying....

429idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ur looking at 2 small ricer turbos i think i saw a pair of t2s would work for that well

2 tdo4 ricer turbos would spool fast, and would still flow more than an hx35. That's what I would use if I was doing that. The only question now is, what turbos are you going to use for atmosphere turbos?:sly

429idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would you go though all the trouble of building a system to run a 35lb/min at that intake temp/efficiency? All the stock turbo's we use are not that efficient, and are out of their efficiency map by 12psi. If your going to throw different setups in there, you
might as well go with something more effficient/in it's efficiency map at your prechosen psi level (which is almost always higher than 12psi). Just saying....

That was the point I was trying to make. Most people aren't running more than 12 psi, so if you aren't going run a lot of boost, and an intercooler, I don't really see the point of going away from the kits we already have. Twins are usually reserved for 1200hp v8's. Not that they aren't cool, and not that I wouldn't do it myself. I just don't know how much work I would be willing to do it. I'd rather put my efforts into a compound setup.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
ok so two hypermax or ATS 088's with external wastegates. any prices? im all for compact power

The turbine is too big, they would never spool, need a small turbine,

To factory turbos might spool, i know my factory turbo would make some decent boost down low, like 5 psi at 1500rpm, and we all know whta it would make ontop;Really

MidnightBlade

Shiftin' Smooth
Reaction score
2 tdo4 ricer turbos would spool fast, and would still flow more than an hx35. That's what I would use if I was doing that. The only question now is, what turbos are you going to use for atmosphere turbos?:sly

what kind of boost would i get from two parallel tdo4's?
and just had the thought of parallel compound turbos :dunno maybe the td04 going into a 1st gen PSD

brdmh44

Midwest Chopper
Reaction score
I think one of the better answers as far as manifolds go would be contacting Sanderson and seeing if they would sell the header flange and just make custom headers, the flow would be superior anyways

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score

i have 2 tdo4 turbos and by looking at them i couldnt see how 2 of them would be the right size for a 7.3. the turbos i have are off my 92 mitz 3000gt vr4. i also have 2 tdo5h turbos from 1st gen eclipses. i got the tdo5h turbos for the 3000gt, but have thought about a real twin turbo system for my 7.3. the real reason for a twin turbo system is so you have more usable boost throughout the rpm range then a bigger turbo that only boosts at higher rpm, or a turbo that boosts well low to midrange and over spins at high rpm.

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score

mabc926

Mojo
Reaction score
by the way it looks its going from turbo to engine. but its going from the air cleaner into the inlet side of the turbo. that type of tubing will work for air filter side, but it wont work for turbo to engine side.

I've seen this pipe use just like I have it many times, sometimes even with a cone filter on the end of it, and not once have I seen where it has failed.

Anyways, as long as the air filter stays clean so there is no great deal of resistance in the pipe it will be fine.......Clog up a filter and any flex pipe will collapse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online