kinda a twin turbo

MidnightBlade

Shiftin' Smooth
Reaction score
ok i had a thoguht while laying on the couch last night, what if i could add a turbo to each bank of cyclinders. then combine the intakes to come together to one at the factory intake spot. run two air cleaners, one on each side, by batteries. to do this i thought is it possible to flip the exhaust manifolds upside down like the derby cars that run hoood stacks, reroute the exhaust froward toward to the rad'ish area then raise it about the height of the heads on both sides and then turn back toward the back of the truck into the turbo's. run true dual side pipes into 5" stacks. i know no pics but ill try to get something whipped up here. truck will have body lift for more wiggle room

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
ok i had a thoguht while laying on the couch last night, what if i could add a turbo to each bank of cyclinders. then combine the intakes to come together to one at the factory intake spot. run two air cleaners, one on each side, by batteries. to do this i thought is it possible to flip the exhaust manifolds upside down like the derby cars that run hoood stacks, reroute the exhaust froward toward to the rad'ish area then raise it about the height of the heads on both sides and then turn back toward the back of the truck into the turbo's. run true dual side pipes into 5" stacks. i know no pics but ill try to get something whipped up here. truck will have body lift for more wiggle room

It is not possible to flip the manifolds, but if you could get to of those manifolds from a rayjay turbo kit then you could do it,

I been thinking of something my self that involved 3 turbo chargers, 1 small one on each bank and then a big one on the back of the engine:sly

429idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not just build tubular manifolds? The rajay manifolds have a t4 flange, so you would need adapters to t3 because twin t4's would just never spool.

mabc926

Mojo
Reaction score
Something like this work? :sly

You must be registered for see images attach

429idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's the one I have, I haven't found anybody else with the same kit. How much boost do you make with yours?

mabc926

Mojo
Reaction score
That's the one I have, I haven't found anybody else with the same kit. How much boost do you make with yours?

I wish I knew LOL

Once I get a boost gauge I can tall you, but I'm not expecting very much boost.

I'm planning on ditching the crappy roto-master turbo and seeing if a hypermax will fit.

EDIT: just saw the have a boost gauge, how much do you see?

FordGuy100

Reaction score
If it's a T4 mount don't limit yourself to a hypermax turbo. I would be looking for an HX40 or something similar.

429idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish I knew LOL

Once I get a boost gauge I can tall you, but I'm not expecting very much boost.

I'm planning on ditching the crappy roto-master turbo and seeing if a hypermax will fit.

EDIT: just saw the have a boost gauge, how much do you see?

I'm only seeing 12-15, but I haven't really had the truck out of 2nd gear since I did the motor and trans swap. I like the roto master, it will flow a lot more air than some of these other turbos, it just takes a little longer to spool, and the side mount set up make it easy to do compounds. With the c6, I saw max 10 on the freeway, but usually 5 anywhere else. If you are ever selling your kit let me know.

Sorry about the hijack midnight.

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
I have one of those rayjay kits but idk if I will ever get it on because I go to school in stephenville, all of the tools are in angleton(300 miles away) with the family and I have no one to help me up here. search rayjay turbo and you will find pics that I have posted of the stuff for it

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man i could use one of those manifolds for the holset

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
mounts on the drivers side and I already test fitted a holset and it would definately be a squeeze but with no ac might not be so bad, my main problem was the brake master cylinder the rayjay sits really close to the lines as it is.

429idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rajay has a t4 flange, and the hx35 has a t3 flange. You will need an adapter, and with the extra height of an adapter it might not fit especially with a manual transmission (It will hit the master). I have the rajay kit, and an h1c with an hx35 turbine on it, and the adapter, and am going to try to get that to fit. I also have an h1e that I might bolt right to the manifold. My original plans were to have an h1c h1e compound kit, and have all the parts to do it, but I haven't yet.

DragRag

Reaction score
Something like this work? :sly

Is that alumaflex piping on that turbo? If so, that stuff dents and crushes awful easy. A harder pipe would be more advisable, but it is good for testing purposes I suppose.

DragRag

Reaction score
When twin turboing an idi, would it be better to install the turbo in series or parallel? I was just thinking it might be good to run a turbo that boost early into a turbo that boosts at higher rpms. Like maybe a sidewinder into an 088. Any thoughts there?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online