will thies rims fit my truck?

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
iirc dodge and ford rims are abt the same, and chevy 8 lugs will fit a ford but ford wont fit a chevy... I could be wrong - insomnia + beer LOL. 8x6.5" sounds right to me though.. others will chime in a bit

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I remember right Dodges have a deep offset that doesn't work with our trucks

1994IDI

Reaction score
The bolt pattern is correct. I'm not sure if the hub cutout is large enough to fit over yours though. Hopefully someone who knows the size of the dodge hubs will chime in. Those tires don't look like they are 85% tread life though.

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
iirc dodge and ford rims are abt the same, and chevy 8 lugs will fit a ford but ford wont fit a chevy... I could be wrong - insomnia + beer LOL. 8x6.5" sounds right to me though.. others will chime in a bit

Chevys only fit chevys. the center hole is smaller on a chevy rim

1994IDI

Reaction score
Brimmstone's comment sounds right also, that seems like a lot of offset. However I can't remember how much ours run.
Does that price sound high, or is it just me? That's $112 for each wheel and each tire. Plus the added expense and PITA of buying 16.5" tires on the next go around.
Please don't take that as negative. Just throwing in my two cents. They do look great. ;Sweet

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
THEY ARE AFTERMARKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disregard every comment about center holes and offset...

imho they are overpriced, but will look sharp.

If one eventually wnated 37's, or one was shopping for "off Road" tires, Super Swamper, Pit BUll, Ground Hawg, etc, I would go 16.5. 37" HMMV take offs are decent radials, 16.5 and plentiful. The off road guys make a **** load of offerings, but if I was stopping at a 33 or 35, I would not look at 16.5's.

1994IDI

Reaction score
Maybe not so bad on the price. Summitracing shows the 16" version of that wheel at $101, but the 16.5" is $165. :eek: I never thought I'd mind an extra 1/2" until I saw that.

international

Drownin' in diesel
Reaction score
I tried to install those rims on my 92. NO GO. The center hole was too small. I even asked about machining them out but the rim would probably fail due to not enough metal. I sold them for the same price I paid for the tires and rims! I love free good tires!

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is an aftermarket supplier who sells a set that looks just like them. Our trucks use a larger center section. If you have ever notice the chevy guys have hell after there front hubs swell on the two wheel drives and the rims have to be forced off. I changed all the rims on my Suburbans to ford rims to fix this issue.