Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You want to gut it Scott?

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
yeah. Butterfly valve (& the shaft) & the pedistal mod too. Putting a Dominator 66 on today & want unrestricted flow on the exhaust side. I sent you a PM to the same effect. Thanks

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will assume youre going to remove turbo from engine then.

You can see the butterfly housing (upside down in this pic) unbolted from the turbo here. Unhook the actuator arm, take a die grinder and grind off the two rivets that hold the butterfly to the shaft. Drive the shaft out of the housing and get two 3/4 inch freeze plugs to drive in the holes where the shaft was. Just that simple, valve is no longer a restriction.

You must be registered for see images

In this picture you can see the pedestal unbolted off the bottom of the turbo, on the back side of the actuator there will be a snap ring, remove it and pull the back cap off of the actuator and pull the valve out of the barrel. Flip the pedestal over, drill and tap the arm exit hole for a 1/4 inch pipe plug. Insert pipe plug and reassemble everything. Enjoy your new found unrestricted exhaust.

You must be registered for see images

Here is a link to an article on turbo removal. Turbo Removal WIKI

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
Mine is tied open with a piece of wire but there is a very tiny oil drip coming from where the rod connects to the turbo. Not a big drip but should I be concerned? Will it damage anything if I do nothing?

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its going to make an oil slick in the valley and it will get worse, eventually it will begin to run down the back of the block and she'll mark her spot but other than that you shouldn't see any physical or mechanical harm come of it Richard.

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Mike...

I need to replace my up pipe donuts and thought about doing the ebpv delete as well...

Do I need to remove the turbo, to change the donuts?

Sorry for that last question being a hijack...

Hijack off now!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online