EBPV sensor / turbo speed sensor... Where?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have 7 diesels. 6 are the same. 1 is NOT. Guess which one I usually have the most problems with? LOL

Got a CEL this morning, and so I pulled into Stoner-Wade for a quick scan to find out what was going on. It seems there is something wrong with the sensor for the EBPV or turbo. When I started it this morning, I did not let it idle the amount of time that is normally required before the EBPV kicks in, so I was suprised that it flagged a code for it. Up until now, that device has worked flawlessly. I do not know if it is operational at this point, but will try to test it tomorrow by letting the truck warm up in the morning. What's my first course of action? And as a side note, what is everybody's favorite code scanner? I have an older Orange colored Actron hand held that I can send in for a ROM upgrade to work with CAN networks for like $75, but I'm thinking I may as well just spring for a new one. Consensus?

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
Turbo speed sensor? Never heard of it.:dunno EBPV sensor is on the front passenger side of the engine. Right above the CPS.

Code scanners I would recommend Auto Enginuity. ;Sweet

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You'll know right away if the EBPV is closed when it shouldnt be... the CEL for it just means that the valve was in a position that the PCM didnt expect it to be in for the given conditions..not that it failed or isnt working.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well today I let it warm up good, and the EBPV was doing its thing correctly. All worked normally, and no CEL so :dunno

Guess I'll wait and see. Auto Enginuity looks good. Any others?

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
Well today I let it warm up good, and the EBPV was doing its thing correctly. All worked normally, and no CEL so :dunno

Guess I'll wait and see. Auto Enginuity looks good. Any others?

Well no CEL is good. Nothing to worry about.:D If it dose act up, unplug it.

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
Well no CEL is good. Nothing to worry about.:D If it dose act up, unplug it.

Mine acted up, until I got the PCM flashed. I told the Ford tech that if it happened again, I was pulling the "Plug"! His reply was: "That's what I would do!"

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
itll most likely do it again.there is a tube coming off the front of the passengers side exhaust manifold.there is a sensor on the other end of it.this tube gets plugged up with soot.4 ways to fix it.unplug it,clean out/replace the tube,replace the sensor with the dongle or whatever they call it now or gut the EBPV,put the ih turbo pedistal on it or modify yours to get rid of the rod hanging out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight

Members online