How much is a 7.3 IDI worth?

Reaction score
I have the opportunity to buy a 7.3 IDI complete with about 120k miles. I am thinking of buying it for just the oil cooler, as I am out of options at this point.
He is asking $400. How much do you think I could get for this engine after I take the oil cooler? Just looking to recoup my money i guess. Thanks

Logroller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow 400 thats not bad if the motor still runs ,, here in ohio guys are giving 1000 to 2000 dollars for a good running idi ,, i have 3 7.3idi turbo motors that i wont come off of

Reaction score
cool. I have no way to verify it runs, as its on an engine stand but was told it does. It does have a new Injector pump. it is N/a, serp belt with everything still attached,

Logroller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that helps ,,, when i bought all of mine i bought wrecked school buses that had the hd 7.3turbo and i paid 900 each for all 3 so if you put it on the net you might get more just depends on who is lookin and how bad someone needs one

fury9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that helps ,,, when i bought all of mine i bought wrecked school buses that had the hd 7.3turbo and i paid 900 each for all 3 so if you put it on the net you might get more just depends on who is lookin and how bad someone needs one

dang, wrecked school busses? just the rebuilt pump you could sell all day for 145 buy it now

DragRag

Reaction score
$400 is a steal! better grab it before he comes to his senses, or someone else gets it, don't think, buy.....

Last edited:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
If you go look at it see what the block serial numbers are. They are found on the drivers side of the block next to the injection pump gear cover. They will say 7.3T... Then some numbers... The true turbo blocks serial numbers start at 1,116,331 and go up from there. Anything below that is a non turbo block. Also all the oil port plugs are 1/4 inch instead of the 1/8 pipe plugs.

Logroller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i know all 3 of my motors are factory turbo i pulled them out of the buses myself , all with the 1/4 oil port plugs ,, and the feeds to the factory turbo 1/4 line which is a beautiful thing only expensive to replace at 80$ each to have them made

Reaction score
ok cool! Thanks guys! He had bought the engine for his tow truck because it came with an ATS turbo....its the real old style with the wierd looking exhaust housing. I will be buying it for $350! Im gonna steal the oil cooler, and part out the rest. I will check to see if its a turbo block. are they worth more? It also comes with full acessories and a new starter!...it is a running engine!

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have have two 7.3's that I've bought over the last 5 years. Both were runners. One came with a good E4OD. I paid $200 a piece for the IDI's and $200 for the E4OD. :dunno Not a big market for them here I guess.

Heath

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Have have two 7.3's that I've bought over the last 5 years. Both were runners. One came with a good E4OD. I paid $200 a piece for the IDI's and $200 for the E4OD. :dunno Not a big market for them here I guess.

Heath

same here, i paid 150 for a running 6.9 complete, with a good working C-6

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tottripp

Members online