Register to remove these ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much is a 7.3 IDI worth?

Thanks

Default How much is a 7.3 IDI worth?

I have the opportunity to buy a 7.3 IDI complete with about 120k miles. I am thinking of buying it for just the oil cooler, as I am out of options at this point.
    He is asking $400. How much do you think I could get for this engine after I take the oil cooler? Just looking to recoup my money i guess. Thanks
    94' F-350 Black
    Factory ATS wastegated Turbo
    4x4 7.3 IDI, 5-speed ZF

Thanks

wow 400 thats not bad if the motor still runs ,, here in ohio guys are giving 1000 to 2000 dollars for a good running idi ,, i have 3 7.3idi turbo motors that i wont come off of

Thanks

cool. I have no way to verify it runs, as its on an engine stand but was told it does. It does have a new Injector pump. it is N/a, serp belt with everything still attached,
    94' F-350 Black
    4x4 7.3 IDI, 5-speed ZF

Thanks

that helps ,,, when i bought all of mine i bought wrecked school buses that had the hd 7.3turbo and i paid 900 each for all 3 so if you put it on the net you might get more just depends on who is lookin and how bad someone needs one

Full Access Member
    Thanks

Whats the story with the new pump and why is it on an engine stand.

Thanks

It was bought for the turbo, which is gone now. new pump? i dunno
    94' F-350 Black
    4x4 7.3 IDI, 5-speed ZF

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Logroller View Post
    that helps ,,, when i bought all of mine i bought wrecked school buses that had the hd 7.3turbo and i paid 900 each for all 3 so if you put it on the net you might get more just depends on who is lookin and how bad someone needs one
    dang, wrecked school busses? just the rebuilt pump you could sell all day for 145 buy it now
    97 cclb 4x4 12 valve. KDP tabbed, grey and beat up trans could go at anytime
    sold, THE 86 (and the 94 turbo) i WILL get another one (86)

Thanks

$400 is a steal! better grab it before he comes to his senses, or someone else gets it, don't think, buy.....
    Last edited by DragRag; 02-21-2010 at 08:14 PM.
    www.hollistersignco.com

http://www.facebook.com/HSChollister

"if you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen."

-Barack Hussein Obama

Thanks

yeah thats true iv been offered 2500 for one of my 7.3 with a factory turbo on them

Official GMM hand model icanfixall's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,301 Times in 1,048 Posts

If you go look at it see what the block serial numbers are. They are found on the drivers side of the block next to the injection pump gear cover. They will say 7.3T... Then some numbers... The true turbo blocks serial numbers start at 1,116,331 and go up from there. Anything below that is a non turbo block. Also all the oil port plugs are 1/4 inch instead of the 1/8 pipe plugs.
    89 SRW crewcab, Banks Sidewinder Turbo, 8 speed BTS E4OD with a Gear Vendors, Shifts smooth and positive with any load on it. Triple disc torque converter has 150 square inches of friction material, stock has just 25 square inches of material.Transcold Carrier pump helping out Moose Pump and just loven it. 4 inch Straight piped, hydroboost with a 1 5/16 inch master cylinder. 7.3 turbo upgraded motor, ported heads, intake & exhaust manifolds. ARP studs. Block sleeved on all 8. Mahle turbo pistons milled, are 24 to 26 thousands above the deck, then ceramic coated with Tech Line CBX. Line bored and balanced. Decked block. Each piston is 1/4 and 1/3rd gram of each others weight. "BB" injectors. Custom Rodney Red aluminum radiator and running cool. Now it needs my new Hypermax intercooler to help out the famous Moose Pump and a set of Moose Injecters thrown in just for giggles...Double FatMat inside of the crewcab... Nice and quiet too...

Thanks

i know all 3 of my motors are factory turbo i pulled them out of the buses myself , all with the 1/4 oil port plugs ,, and the feeds to the factory turbo 1/4 line which is a beautiful thing only expensive to replace at 80$ each to have them made

Thanks

ok cool! Thanks guys! He had bought the engine for his tow truck because it came with an ATS turbo....its the real old style with the wierd looking exhaust housing. I will be buying it for $350! Im gonna steal the oil cooler, and part out the rest. I will check to see if its a turbo block. are they worth more? It also comes with full acessories and a new starter!...it is a running engine!
    94' F-350 Black
    4x4 7.3 IDI, 5-speed ZF

Full Access Member
    Thanks

I might be interested in the rest.
    2006 F350 6.0 auto CC long bed DD
    2000 Excursion V10
    64 Jeep Willies pickup runs and drives great doesn't look so great
    55 Jeep Willies pickup lawn ornament

Thanks

Have have two 7.3's that I've bought over the last 5 years. Both were runners. One came with a good E4OD. I paid $200 a piece for the IDI's and $200 for the E4OD. Not a big market for them here I guess.

Heath
    1986 F250HD 4x4 7.3L IDI with '95 PSD front clip, '97 bed, 4-speed T19, and 3.55's. Dana 60/Ford 10.25 (Detroit TrueTrac Locker). Rebuilt from the frame up. Banks Sidewinder Turbo. Moose Pump and Injectors. 12 Inch Kevlar/Metalic South Bend Clutch. York On-Board Air. Isspro TTM, Banks Monster Exhaust, Boost Gauge and Pyrometer. Autometer Voltmeter. Autometer Oil, Fuel, and Air Pressure Gauges. Precharged Coolant Filter, Holley Red Pump. 16.5 x 37 x 12.5 Goodyear Wrangler's. Six Inch Lift (4 Skyjacker, 2 Body). Air Horns. Rhino Liner. "Woody Style" Filler Neck Mods, Fresh paint job. Added A/C. Push Button GP/Automatic GP on toggle. Interior redone.

1986 F350 SRW 4x4 6.9L IDI Crew Cab "typ4" 460 ZF5, US Gear underdrive, Moose (GT3788R) Turbo, head studs, "typ4" cam, Moose Pump/Injectors, Intercooled, Rodney Red Radiator, Transfer Flow filler necks, 331,000+ miles.

NRA Life Member

7.3 Project Pictures
    Webshots Project Gallery

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hesutton View Post
    Have have two 7.3's that I've bought over the last 5 years. Both were runners. One came with a good E4OD. I paid $200 a piece for the IDI's and $200 for the E4OD. Not a big market for them here I guess.

Heath
    same here, i paid 150 for a running 6.9 complete, with a good working C-6
    ~David~

"THE TOY" 1986 Ford F-250xlt lariat 4x4 t-19, 89 model dash and gauges powered by an 83 model 6.9 engine bored .020 with all gaskets copper coated, turbocharged, wasetgate unplugged,7.3 turbo pump maxxed, turbo injectors, 7.3 rockers, ram-air intake, max boost is more than anyone else. will turn the whole road black if i want it too

Who says idi's cant make high boost?

1995 F-350 DRW 2wd ZF5 ext. cab, 7.3 powerstroker, 6637 intake, choped exhuast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast