rear drum brake removal ford 1990 f250?

huse

Reaction score
Thats good ;Sweet mine was so stuck that i could'nt get it loose with a 4.4 pound hammer, so i purchased a airhammer. had too work the drum for aproximately 30 min then the drum let go.. Purchasing a inexpensive airhammer was one of the best investments i've ever made! :D i find many uses for it, to drive out broken rivets is one of them, beside brake drums

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great Post, I just joined because I had the same problem and this post helped me solve the problem. I have the it's a sterling 10.25, just like the photo above from huse. After WD40 I pounded in between the lugs with my 44oz framing hammer. That did the trick. Pounding on the edges in the removal direction had no effect. Now I see lots of oil on the shoes, looks like its coming from the cylinder.
welcome to the site;Sweet
do be absolutely sure the "oil" is brake fluid and not gear oil. these axles are notorious for melting axle seals when you overheat the brakes.

Electromag

Reaction score
I like to keep my shoes oiled well to make them last.

Well, its hard to tell.. Could be gear oil that was slung up on the brake cylinder.

welcome to the site;Sweet
do be absolutely sure the "oil" is brake fluid and not gear oil. these axles are notorious for melting axle seals when you overheat the brakes.

Attachments

• shoeoil.jpg
    shoeoil.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 35

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01