facet dura lift pump

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Mel did a test of fuel PSI vs injection timing and higher then stock i think once it was at like 6psi it was advancing the timing. there is a thread here somewhere on it.

Maybe on a speed shop pump with a much higher gallon per hour flow rate, but on these things, , as I said, ZERO DIFFERENCE. I tested teh things, and found none. I have a pressure regulator sitting under my hood right now disconnected as there is simply no reason to use the thing.

subliminal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea thats it, 41-7059 cheaper than my local guy but not on the shelf so ill get my head busted i guess but he did say it was lifetime gaurantee

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
yea thats it, 41-7059 cheaper than my local guy but not on the shelf so ill get my head busted i guess but he did say it was lifetime gaurantee

I'm sure he's pretty confident that you'll never cash in on that warranty. When I went to the carrier dealer to get my pump the parts guy got lost in the parts room for about a half hour trying to find the thing. Turned out that they'd never had one of those things fail before so they'd never had to fetch one out of the parts room and nobody remembered where the things were. Mine was the first one they;d ever sold. For the number of those things that run through here on I-40 and I-30, especially with all the chicken trucks based around here all with their ****** units running 24 hours a day 7 days a week, and not a single one had lost a fuel pump... That tells you something ;Sweet

subliminal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure he's pretty confident that you'll never cash in on that warranty. When I went to the carrier dealer to get my pump the parts guy got lost in the parts room for about a half hour trying to find the thing. Turned out that they'd never had one of those things fail before so they'd never had to fetch one out of the parts room and nobody remembered where the things were. Mine was the first one they;d ever sold. For the number of those things that run through here on I-40 and I-30, especially with all the chicken trucks based around here all with their ****** units running 24 hours a day 7 days a week, and not a single one had lost a fuel pump... That tells you something ;Sweet

agreed, this pump seems to be high quality and the screen filter setup is the best ive seen as far as service is concerned. the guy i talked to said they dont sell them very often but they do get the occasional guy wanting one for his diesel truck or for use as a transfer pump when theirs burned up.

bjorkmae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ITs was an Airtex e8215s. I got hte recommendation from a guy who has been running it with WVO for over a year. He has one near the tank and one just before the filter. Sure does start quicker.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe on a speed shop pump with a much higher gallon per hour flow rate, but on these things, , as I said, ZERO DIFFERENCE. I tested teh things, and found none. I have a pressure regulator sitting under my hood right now disconnected as there is simply no reason to use the thing.

I remember reading the thread about input PSI vs Timing and it happened at a relative low PSI. I will have to see if I can find the post from Mel and link to it..... but in the 10Lb range there was a difference.......

Last edited:

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
So what would be a good pump for running WMO?

If you properly heat the oil before switching over to the oil and purge the oil out before shutting down, any pump should be able to handle it, the problem is, too many guys are starting cold on heavy oils and no fuel pump is designed for that unless you get into marine pumps that are designed for bunker C .
If you are going to be running heavy oils and not monitoring your switchovers religiously , then you need to get a heavy duty marine pump or an electric oil pump from a dry sump system to pump the stuff to avoid a burn out.