facet dura lift pump

subliminal

Full Access Member
Reaction score

bjorkmae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried looking for the same pump and had the same problem. I decided to go with something else that was recommended for WVO.

subliminal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, i like the filter setup on that pump. i have a facet posi flow that works fine but i hate the crappy pre pump filter.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Just go to any Carrier transicold Or Thermoking dealer and tell them you need a fuel pump for a new model unit and it should bring the Dura lift pump up. They have a different part number for the one they use. If you search the site, I have a posting a couple of years back with the carrier number. I have the box around here somewhere, but I'm recovering from surgery and don't need to be digging around for it.

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI the only place I saw online that carried that was some marine dealer. If you search the part number in google you will find them.

subliminal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea ive searched i wouldnt post otherwise. i was looking your your post rldsl because i remember that one but i couldnt seem to dig it up. no worries ill find it and post it.

subliminal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thermo king part #417059 $159 (a bit pricy but worth it) he has 7 on the shelf here in town less than 5 miles away. he has a lifetime warranty on the pump. i figure ill keep the posi flo pump under the seat or rig a switch and a valve so if one goes out i just flip to the aux till i limp to the nearest tk dealer.

what would be the disadvantage of running a little high on the psi? do you think it would hurt the pump? ive seen conflicting information. i have a regulator but i was just wanting to hear some fresh input.

might come up 41-7059 also

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
what would be the disadvantage of running a little high on the psi? do you think it would hurt the pump? ive seen conflicting information. i have a regulator but i was just wanting to hear some fresh input.

might come up 41-7059 also

No problem with the duralift. I checked the timing with the pump unregulated and with it regulated way down and points in between and it made zero difference on the injection timing.. Just bolt the thing on and go ;Sweet

George_7.3IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like you've got the problem of locating a dealer solved... though I do know that you can get it through NAPA if you need to... it's not something they stock on the shelf so it would have to be ordered and I think the part number is different. Also I'm running one at the moment and I love it... I seem to have an easier time starting in the cold as it primes the fuel system while I wait for the glow plugs to light up.

Mount it low on the frame rail if you can... someone was saying that he knew of one failing due to being mounted under the hood and I believe the owner was also running a WMO mix. I mounted mine just in front of the selector switch on the inside of the frame rail but I also had a buddy make up a bracket to shore out flush with the inside edge of the frame rail because the pump is too tall to fit between the horizontals of the frame rail.

If you are interested in getting some pictures let me know and I'll snap a few so you can see.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Mount it low on the frame rail if you can... someone was saying that he knew of one failing due to being mounted under the hood and I believe the owner was also running a WMO mix. I mounted mine just in front of the selector switch on the inside of the frame rail but I also had a buddy make up a bracket to shore out flush with the inside edge of the frame rail because the pump is too tall to fit between the horizontals of the frame rail.

If you are interested in getting some pictures let me know and I'll snap a few so you can see.

I was the first one to put one of these pumps in and have been running it for well over two years mounted up under the hood behind the pass side batt and I have no problems with the thing. As mentioned the only ones who have had any problems with these pumps have been running heavy oils unheated. Running diesel they are rated to lift 10 feet straight up from a belly tank under a ****** up to a ****** unit mounted way up on top of a trailer without any trouble Lifting the paltry 2 feet from the bottom of the tank to the top of the engine is nothing ;Sweet

Mat J

Way down south
Reaction score
Mel did a test of fuel PSI vs injection timing and higher then stock i think once it was at like 6psi it was advancing the timing. there is a thread here somewhere on it.

subliminal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks brother. ill deal with thermo king he is a nice local guy and was very helpfull on the phone. he keeps them on the shelf and gaurantees them. he said even if im across the country they can authorize a swap out from another dealer, even with out a reciept. so he says.

i will probabally keep my cheapie lifetime warranty napa balkamp facet posi flo pump in the loop but run my spare tank selector switch from a parts truck i have as a switchable bypass. i have that one mounted right in front of the selector valve currently. then ill mount the dura lift pump under the hood and run on it primarily. a simple switch/2nd relay would then temporarily solve a bad pump and switch to the reserve pump on the fly. i guess i might not even need the relay but i would feel better about it. i use the tyco bosch relays and sockets and keep spares in the glovebox.

im just trying to cover all basis so i can have a good trip up to chocoloco alabama this feb. gonna pull the yota up there for some trail riding.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online