Register to remove these ads

Thread: Fuel filter restriction gauge

Thanks

Default Fuel filter restriction gauge

How do you add a fuel filter restriction gauge to a fuel filter head like we have, or to a regular auxiliary filter head? Does it just go on the filter inlet?

Been thinking about adding an auxiliary 2-micron filter between the stock filter and IP, and I saw some filter restriction gauges on Ebay and thought, hey- I should put one of those on each filter head so I wouldn't end up unnecessarily changing filter.
    1994 F250 XLT-- Reg cab, 4x4, 5 speed, 7.3 IDI Turbo. Superwinch manual hubs, fabricated 4" intake, ATS upgrade kit, 3" downpipe, 4" exhaust, fuel turned up two flats, Autometer boost & pyrometer on the pillar, Gentex autodimming rear view mirror, MB Razor wheels with 285/75R16 Falkens, Monroe steering stabilizer, tank vent mod. Gone but not forgotten!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3055099

2005 Mustang GT Premium--JBA headers, Hooker axle back, C&L intake, 93 octane tune, lots of fun .

Thanks

Usually a filter dirty gauge is set up to monitor both sides of a filter. This is called Delta or differential pressure. When the diff pressure rises the filter is dirty.
    You can also monitor the pressure on the outlet. When the filter is new the outlet and inlet pressure can be almost equal. As the filter clogs, the outlet pressure will fall. You can decide when the filter is dirty enough to change.
    Jim
    My second 1994 IDI Turbo Diesel. Banks stinger exhaust, Powershot 2000 Propane induction, 410 gears, Home grown Glow plug saver and Bright Box,

Thanks

Well I found these two gauges-

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/GAR-BER-FRI-Filt...item19a3dd055b

They are very similar gauges and both say they are vacuum gauges...I guess that's why I don't totally understand where they go, I suppose the inlet is the "suction" side even with the pump in front of the filter?
    1994 F250 XLT-- Reg cab, 4x4, 5 speed, 7.3 IDI Turbo. Superwinch manual hubs, fabricated 4" intake, ATS upgrade kit, 3" downpipe, 4" exhaust, fuel turned up two flats, Autometer boost & pyrometer on the pillar, Gentex autodimming rear view mirror, MB Razor wheels with 285/75R16 Falkens, Monroe steering stabilizer, tank vent mod. Gone but not forgotten!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3055099

2005 Mustang GT Premium--JBA headers, Hooker axle back, C&L intake, 93 octane tune, lots of fun .

Thanks

I haven't yet but I am planning on putting a fuel pressure gauge between filter and inj. pump. I would feel alot better knowing my pump is getting enough fuel.
    2000 C3500 CC/LB, 6.5, 4L80E, 4:10 traded in for Duramax
    2001 2500hd silverado D/A, CC/LB, 4X4 sold
    1984 F250 RC/LB 4X4 6.9na, t-19, 3:54
    1991 F250SC/LB 4X4 7.3 na, ZF 5spd, 3:55
    1987 Mercedes benz 190D turbo "smashed & parted out"
    1994 F350 RC/LB 4X4 7.3 na, ZF 5spd, 3:55 sold for parts

Thanks

That's where mine is. I mounted the sender in the brass elbow leaving the filter head and going to the IP.

My pressure has been a bit low lately, and I know I need to change the filter secondary to this.

Heath
    1986 F250HD 4x4 7.3L IDI with '95 PSD front clip, '97 bed, 4-speed T19, and 3.55's. Dana 60/Ford 10.25 (Detroit TrueTrac Locker). Rebuilt from the frame up. Banks Sidewinder Turbo. Moose Pump and Injectors. 12 Inch Kevlar/Metalic South Bend Clutch. York On-Board Air. Isspro TTM, Banks Monster Exhaust, Boost Gauge and Pyrometer. Autometer Voltmeter. Autometer Oil, Fuel, and Air Pressure Gauges. Precharged Coolant Filter, Holley Red Pump. 16.5 x 37 x 12.5 Goodyear Wrangler's. Six Inch Lift (4 Skyjacker, 2 Body). Air Horns. Rhino Liner. "Woody Style" Filler Neck Mods, Fresh paint job. Added A/C. Push Button GP/Automatic GP on toggle. Interior redone.

1986 F350 SRW 4x4 6.9L IDI Crew Cab "typ4" 460 ZF5, US Gear underdrive, Moose (GT3788R) Turbo, head studs, "typ4" cam, Moose Pump/Injectors, Intercooled, Rodney Red Radiator, Transfer Flow filler necks, 331,000+ miles.

NRA Life Member

7.3 Project Pictures
    Webshots Project Gallery