cool air intake for a 94 7.3 idi turbo?

kyle'sw350

kyle'sw350
Reaction score
Is there a company that makes cool air intakes for these trucks? If not can someone post some pics of ones that you have made so I can get some ideas, thanks.

P.S. This is for my dads truck and he wants a little more power for pulling his 25' camp trailor. I made a custom intake for my cummins, so I don't think I will have any problems making an intake. He just had a straight threw muffler installed and said he noticed a little more power. The truck also has 135,000 mi. all orig. W/ a beefed up trans.

1320Cummins

Pro Parts Thrasher
Reaction score
You should tell him to turn up his IP a bit. I have mine cranked all the way and rarely ever have egt issues at full power.
The truck tows like one of the rams would at about 20hp over stock.

kyle'sw350

kyle'sw350
Reaction score
I have heard of that and I tried to do a search on how to turn the IP up but I couldn't find anything. He also doesn't have any gauges in the truck yet. I bought my cummins about a year ago and with what I have done to it I get 18 mpg around town and 23 on hwy w/ about 260 hp and over 600 ft.lbs. of torque and I only have about $600.00 into it. He is thinking about selling his truck to buy a cummins. Is 7.3 idiT capable of this kind of millage?

needboost2live

Reaction score
i get 17 mpg in my stock 94 IDIT with 4:10 gears (i think) and E4OD. Tires are 265/75. I think with a good exahust/dp/intake setup I could get 20 or so. I do about 65 on highway and do about 60/40 highway/city driving.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
the idi is capable of that fuel economy but never expect an idi to run with a modded cumapart

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the idi is capable of that fuel economy but never expect an idi to run with a modded cumapart

Why? Barney's twin turbo Moose Pump equipped truck held it's own with a 12 valve cummins.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Why? Barney's twin turbo Moose Pump equipped truck held it's own with a 12 valve cummins.

yea, but did it get that good of fuel economy? i may be wrong if i am thats fine were all wrong once in a while:D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tottripp

Members online