Auto-RX

tractorman86

Reaction score
so it finaly came in today and i will be doing a full service and doing my first treatment of this stuff:thumbsup:. after the two recomended treatments for heavily soiled oil i will convert to an amsoil system, hopefully by then i will have my turbo on and get full effect of both:sly hey :sly is back!!:D

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
If you have nothing better to do, it's always fun to do before and after compression readings if you happen to have a compression tester laying around. the increase on older diesels is usually pretty drastic ;Sweet

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
How does this Auto RX work? Cost? My ole truck might benefit from it......

It cleans the insides of your engine up. All old diesels get a carbon and varnish buildup in the rings, I don't care what oil you are running. Eventually the rings will start packing up to the point where they don't flex like they are supposed to and your compression starts dropping off and you start burning excess oil. The AutoRX is by far the best cleaner I've ever found, and unlike quick flushes, it won';t break large chunks of carbon off that will cause internal damage or blockage, it slowly dissolves the crud where the filter can deal with it
I've seen some cylinders go from around 130 psi to over 400 in compression after running the full 2 treatments. Granted, the stuff isn't a fix all, it will not correct damaged mechanical parts, but it will clean up what is there to where it can function at it's best possible. I have brought a couple of dead diesels back to life from the boneyard with that stuff, and I would strongly recommend it for any old diesel Along with the cleaning , it revives old seals, and I've treated a few engines and trannys with some real gusher seal leaks with that stuff and they are still holding a few years later. Before I closed up shop, I was regularly shooting myself in the foot by using that stuff on customer's cars instead of selling them a high dollar seal job.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
how many bottles would you need for 2 treatments? Do you mix it in there with your oil? Thanks!!
You'd best read teh instructions on the website, but from memory it's 2oz per qt of oil, or 20 oz for a 10 qt system ( 22 oz if you run the larger PSD filter ) so that works out to needing 2 bottles per treatment, or 4 bottles to do the complete 2 treatments.
The excess left over works nicely for adding to the tranny , rear end or steering pump to liven up the seals there.

zukinut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My question on this stuff, does it loosen the crud up so it can be drained out or does it dissolve the crud. Im sure everyone on here has tried the brand "x" stuff and lost an oil pump or bearings due to broken free crud floating around the oil system. I know i lost a motor once and i know it was due directly to me using a motor flush instead of pulling the head and clean the rocker galley the correct way at a machine shop.

Will

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
My question on this stuff, does it loosen the crud up so it can be drained out or does it dissolve the crud. Im sure everyone on here has tried the brand "x" stuff and lost an oil pump or bearings due to broken free crud floating around the oil system. I know i lost a motor once and i know it was due directly to me using a motor flush instead of pulling the head and clean the rocker galley the correct way at a machine shop.

Will

This stuff very slowly ( over 2500 miles) liqufies the crud a little at a time to where the filter can handle anything in suspension.
It doesn't break things off in chunks like solvant flushes do, and I know what you mean, I lost a set of lifters in an engine to a solvent flush, big chunks broke off and got lodged in some of the hydraulic lifters where they would no longer move. Had to tear into it to replace them, not fun in a van.

I've been selling Amsoil for over 25 years, but before I do a switch over, I run the Auto rx treatment to clean them and condition the seals. I don't use the amsoil flush anymre as it is a solvant flush and I'm just not comfortable with that and I get far better results with the Auto RX ( Id rather get the job done best than get hung up on a brand ). Solvant flushes are only safe on lower mileage gas burners that just have a varnish buildup. for those engines, it's not a problem.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not cheap! 4 bottles cost me around $70 if I recall.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
It's not cheap! 4 bottles cost me around $70 if I recall.

Yeah, but when you consider , the only other way to get your ring grooves as clean would be to remove the engine, take it apart, soak the pistons for a couple of days, then spend about 20 -30 or so minutes on each one with a ring groove cleaner , wind up with seriously sore wrists, reassemble engine and put it back in.... the stuff starts looking downright cheap :D

tuckerd1

WAR DAMN EAGLE!
Reaction score
Sounds good! Where do you buy this stuff? Can it be bought cheaper than online at auto-rx.com

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Sounds good! Where do you buy this stuff? Can it be bought cheaper than online at auto-rx.com

No, they only sell it direct from the manufacturer. Best I can tell, they don't want it out in the wild where folks won't get the instructions. Smart move really or folks would be doing it wrong most of the time .

kpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, they only sell it direct from the manufacturer. Best I can tell, they don't want it out in the wild where folks won't get the instructions. Smart move really or folks would be doing it wrong most of the time .

Since you seems to be an expert on Auto-RX and what i have understood that you use synthetic oil after theatment, do you still use the stuff like they recommend according to maintainance plan or do you just trust that more cleaning synthetic oil willl keep your engine clean?