Heat in truck not working.

skintbackfarms

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New to the site and new to Ford IDI's. Just got a 91' f-250 tonight and the heat don't work inside. It has a/c and the truck ran fine. Seems like the engine temp heated up. Also i tried it with the fan on and in the vent section. Your help would be thanks.

The truck is a 91' F250 2WD long box 5spd. Thanks

OkieTruckerD

A Diesel Nut
Reaction score
I'm suspecting a plugged heater core, but, I'm just one person. Get other answers from other folks on this site as well, before fixing the problem. Also, does the heater core leak coolant into the cab?

NJGearhead666

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did you check under the hood to make sure that coolant is going to the core? maybe its bad and they bypassed it. good place to start.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check the vacuum pump, controls work on vac. It does default to defrost. blend cable could be messed up also.

skintbackfarms

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the answers. Everything is hooked up under the hood but the brakes don't work right . The guy said the vac pump was bad so I'll will try that today and see.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
yea a bad vacume pump can make the brakes funny and weak. dont use a gear puller on the pulley! you need a power steering pump pulley remover to do it right.

might want to check it first if you can, it not only has to pull a good vacuum but keep it after pumping the brakes a couple of times.