Register to remove these ads

Thread: Heat in truck not working.

Full Access Member skintbackfarms's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Heat in truck not working.

New to the site and new to Ford IDI's. Just got a 91' f-250 tonight and the heat don't work inside. It has a/c and the truck ran fine. Seems like the engine temp heated up. Also i tried it with the fan on and in the vent section. Your help would be thanks.

The truck is a 91' F250 2WD long box 5spd. Thanks

Thanks

I'm suspecting a plugged heater core, but, I'm just one person. Get other answers from other folks on this site as well, before fixing the problem. Also, does the heater core leak coolant into the cab?
    1989 Ford F-250 XL, diesel (duh), 4x2, 5 speed, 3" striaght pipe to a 6" stack, cut out the soup bowl, K&N Air filter, SACHS SMF 12" clutch, 3.55 tagged 4.10 (CURSES!); , 265-75/16 Firestone HT's up front, 285-75/16 Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo II's out back, my first diesel, purchased with 78,206 miles on it, owned since 23 Feb 05.

Full Access Member NJGearhead666's Avatar
    Thanks

did you check under the hood to make sure that coolant is going to the core? maybe its bad and they bypassed it. good place to start.
    I'll keep my guns, I'll keep my job, I'll keep my money. everyone else can have the "Change"

94 Ford F-250 7.3 IDI factory turbo, 3,55, D60 swap, 10.25 rear, Banks down pipe

Thanks

Check the vacuum pump, controls work on vac. It does default to defrost. blend cable could be messed up also.
    PM please not visitor message

-Russ KD7VGT
    '91 f 350 4x4 cc srw,zf,7.3 ATS wastegated,intercooled, 218/461 dyno.
    '88 F350 dually, 2wd, WAS a 460 truck, now 7.3 na, c6, GV . Will do a studded turbo cammed engine later, we will name this truck "Turtle Hauler" , it will have the house on its back for a long time.
    fugitive sandrail with 2840 cc typ 4 turboed and injected engine much fun![/SIZE]

Full Access Member skintbackfarms's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks for the answers. Everything is hooked up under the hood but the brakes don't work right . The guy said the vac pump was bad so I'll will try that today and see.

Thanks

yea a bad vacume pump can make the brakes funny and weak. dont use a gear puller on the pulley! you need a power steering pump pulley remover to do it right.

might want to check it first if you can, it not only has to pull a good vacuum but keep it after pumping the brakes a couple of times.
    Jared, the artist formerly known as Jred on the board. Be kind to the mods, they are all powerful!

94 5 speed, 4 door, 4 wheel drive NOW A TURBO with 195'ish in the ticker
    and my other loves.....
    79 Jeep CJ-7 t-18, D44 rear, Wrangler tub, and a fun loving 360 V-8 (engine and trans pulled and sold waiting for a 6.9 )

48 Willy's pickup 4 wheel drive with the Super Hurricane six shooter