Register to remove these ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is this spacer on my fuel lines?????

Official GMM hand model icanfixall's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,207 Times in 988 Posts

I just have to ask why is the adapter located there instead of on number one injecter line at the injecter... I have never seen it located there and how would you get an injecter line for that setup...
    89 SRW crewcab, Banks Sidewinder Turbo, 8 speed BTS E4OD with a Gear Vendors, Shifts smooth and positive with any load on it. Triple disc torque converter has 150 square inches of friction material, stock has just 25 square inches of material.Transcold Carrier pump helping out Moose Pump and just loven it. 4 inch Straight piped, hydroboost with a 1 5/16 inch master cylinder. 7.3 turbo upgraded motor, ported heads, intake & exhaust manifolds. ARP studs. Block sleeved on all 8. Mahle turbo pistons milled, are 24 to 26 thousands above the deck, then ceramic coated with Tech Line CBX. Line bored and balanced. Decked block. Each piston is 1/4 and 1/3rd gram of each others weight. "BB" injectors. Custom Rodney Red aluminum radiator and running cool. Now it needs my new Hypermax intercooler to help out the famous Moose Pump and a set of Moose Injecters thrown in just for giggles...Double FatMat inside of the crewcab... Nice and quiet too...

Thanks

Injector line for that setup would be the same as the one factory installed now (same length). The only thing you'd need to be careful of is any changes in connection angles etc.
    It's the same reason the vans use a different line (from the pickups) for the injector they have the 'fitting' in.

Full Access Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by icanfixall View Post
    I just have to ask why is the adapter located there instead of on number one injecter line at the injecter... I have never seen it located there and how would you get an injecter line for that setup...
    If you also notice, everything on this pump is on the wrong side - tis either that the picture is a mirror image, or it may be a Chevy pump (the 6.2s and pre-'95 6.5s use a DB2 that rotates in the opposite direction)
    _/「,[____],
    l----L -0lll0-
    ()_)-()_)-O-)_)

Thanks

The adapter in the picture does not belong on the pump. It belongs on the injector as has been stated. My advice to anyone who doesn't want the adapter on there, is to replace the line with one off of a 6.9, as only the 7.3's had them. Another member had me time his truck many years ago, and I told him right away that his adapter was missing. The line was all mangled from being forced to fit without it. I compared the timing of the #1 cylinder to #4, which is a viable line to use, and there was a 1 degree difference between them. I've since checked on my own engines, and there was no difference. I attribute the deviation to the difference in the length of the line. You need to keep the adapter, or get a 6.9 line.
    Owner, Conestoga Diesel Injection Our family - The Moose Truck - 1983 F-250HD, The Lady Moose - 1993 F-350 CC dually, The Moosestang - 1987 Bronco (1994 7.3L IDI), The Night Moose - 1995 F-150 (1984 6.9L IDI), The Iron Moose - 1986 F-250 EC, The Moose Wagon - 2002 Excursion, The Moose GT - 2008 Mustang GT 4.6L, The Moose Lodge - 1994 Wilderness 195R Serving the IDI community since 1997! Visit http://MoosePump.com or https://www.facebook.com/ConestogaDiesel

- Mel

Thanks

I will be painstakingly forcefitting it back on then. The line was really hard to get it to reach WITH the adapter. I will probably need to straighten the line to get it back on. Thanks for the feedback, no matter how hard you think about it, real experience will always beat out ideas and speculation. That's why I love this forum!

Full Access Member
    Thanks

You don't want to bend the line anymore. If you bent it once to fit wothout the adapter and bend it back to fit with the adapter the line is weaker. The lines are only about $30 new or you can sometimes find them at the junk yard for really cheap.
    Lil Blue 1985 F-250 4x4, 6.9 IDI N/A, C6, NP208, Sterling 10.25 factory limited slip, Dana 50 TTB

Thanks

Although I've found the lines to be very malliable. I once thought I was loosening #7 injector nut, and after a few turns realized I was unscrewing the injector! The line had twisted around quite a bit. I tightened it back up, then held the injector with a wrench and loosened the line to continue with my work. That was many years ago and the line is still in service with no issues.
    Owner, Conestoga Diesel Injection Our family - The Moose Truck - 1983 F-250HD, The Lady Moose - 1993 F-350 CC dually, The Moosestang - 1987 Bronco (1994 7.3L IDI), The Night Moose - 1995 F-150 (1984 6.9L IDI), The Iron Moose - 1986 F-250 EC, The Moose Wagon - 2002 Excursion, The Moose GT - 2008 Mustang GT 4.6L, The Moose Lodge - 1994 Wilderness 195R Serving the IDI community since 1997! Visit http://MoosePump.com or https://www.facebook.com/ConestogaDiesel

- Mel

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M.L.S.C. View Post
    If you also notice, everything on this pump is on the wrong side - tis either that the picture is a mirror image, or it may be a Chevy pump (the 6.2s and pre-'95 6.5s use a DB2 that rotates in the opposite direction)
    It's a Chevy pump. Look at the triangular pump mounting flange & larger drive hub. Totally different then the Fords.
    '92 F250 ec, 4x4, zf-5-spd, 7.3L IDI, '94 F250 ec, 4x4, factory turbo e40d
    ^and the two shall soon be one ^
    '90 Mustang GT Ragtop worked & obnoxiously loud , '97 VW Jetta VR6 Turbo slammed on coilovers , '87 BMW E30 Ragtop awaiting an S52 transplant
    '94 Kawasaki Ninja ZX9 heavily modded , '97 Yamaha FZR600

Thanks

i know.. real old thread... buttttt, does anyone have one of these spacers for the #1 injector or know where to find one.. i have 3 junkyards within about 100 miles and none of them have a IDI

mine is missing and causing the #1 cylinder to run a slightly cooler then the rest.. about 8-10 Deg difference on the exhaust manifold then all the rest

Thanks
    1987 F350, with a swapped in 7.3 IDI motor from a unknown year non-turbo, ZF5 Trans, 4X4, Crew Cab longbed

2006 Jeep wrangler, big axles, big tires, big gears, HUGE gas guzzling problem, lol

1998 Honda Shadow ACE Tourer, stock

1997 GSXR 750, race built everything, currently being rebuilt

2008 Charger, SOLD

2014 Chrysler 200S, loaded to the gills... for the wife

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slim072590 View Post
    i know.. real old thread... buttttt, does anyone have one of these spacers for the #1 injector or know where to find one.. i have 3 junkyards within about 100 miles and none of them have a IDI

mine is missing and causing the #1 cylinder to run a slightly cooler then the rest.. about 8-10 Deg difference on the exhaust manifold then all the rest

Thanks
    Contact gary (icanfixall) here, I think he had some lines.

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk
    1994.5 F350 4x4 7.3psd zf-5. SC-SB. DUALLY. cab and chassis. Gin pole winch bed.
    "The blue beast"

1988 F250 4X4 7.3IDI ZF-5. EC-LB. Little bit of rust, lots of fun.
    PARTING OUT/SELLING

1979 Chevy C-30 2wd 6.2IDI SM465. SC-LB. DUALLY. PARTING OUT
    "Old white"

Facebook post of a friend I went to high-school with.
    "Tanner Richards Yesterday at 7:18am
    Dodges suck they are the biggest most worthless peice of crap ever made I have two cummins hoodies who wants em?"

Quote Originally Posted by bab029 View Post
    Exactly. I treat all my trucks (and that stupid fn TDI jetta) like that cheap, diseased, backstabbing ex-girlfriend that would like nothing more than to self destruct permanently and violently at any second. I don't set myself up to be shocked or disappointed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12