Highest HP IDI?

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
I dont know the exact horsepower not many people dyno theirs, but ken at dps had a badass one. The only other crazy power idi I know of is dave spoonaugle. He mostly hangs out over at FTE. If you search for mid 20's boost idi on these forums you will find his stuff.

streaker

Reaction score
Would you happen to know where I could find anymore info on ken's truck. I tried to use the search and didn't come up with anything. Also searched for mid 20's boost idi and found nothing.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Would you happen to know where I could find anymore info on ken's truck. I tried to use the search and didn't come up with anything. Also searched for mid 20's boost idi and found nothing.

Lets just say that Ken found out what the bottom end will handle, he exceded that rating LOL. I think he was at least 450+hp, but that is just me. For a daily driver, like mine for instance, around 180-200hp at the wheels.

I'm going to get mine dyno'ed in the near future, I want to see what it puts down ;Sweet

sootman73

Reaction score
I'm going to get mine dyno'ed in the near future, I want to see what it puts down ;Sweet

second that one! my friend works for fed mog. they have like 4 dynos that are calibrated about twice a month! the guy that runs them said he'd meet him on a sat to hook his 6.5l up. im gonna tag along and see if i can get on it too!

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ken runs DPS Performance. He is very difficult to get on the phone or to respond to email.:mad: He had (maybe he still does) a couple of sled pulling IDI's that made crazy numbers (for an IDI, nothing special for DI diesels). Like Justin said, the most modded IDI blow the bottom end out!:eek:

Click Here to listen to one of his low compression 6.9's trying to start on a 50 degree morning.

Speaking of 20 psi IDI's.....HERE are pictures of pistons out of a 6.9 running 18-19 psi for approx. 68K miles.

Heath

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
ken is very hard to get ahold of i ordered a set of sage 1 injectors on march 24 and i still havent seen them dps was giveing me a bunch of ******** answers as to where my injectors were and finally i said i wanted to cancel my order and then i started getting some where they said they would ship them on monday so happy for a little bit until i get them
if any body orders stage 1 injectors expect to wait a month till they are shipped and expect when u call to ask where ur order is expect ******** well see how they work

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
That low compression 6.9 starting up reminds me of a large radial plane motor starting up. Just the sound of it making some horse power is impressive. I'm wondering now how long the starters last on this low comp motor.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tottripp

Members online