2001 International T444E

spg

Big Red
Reaction score
Looking for information on how to add more HP to a 2001 International T444E 175HP

RKOCH

Fellow Oil Burner
Reaction score
Not as much as you think we put all kinds of banks **** on them. Six gun tunners ,big hoss modules, high boost comp wheel, exhaust brake and a big head wastegate actuator and the things run their ass off.

Last edited:

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can do the 10K mod to it for about $5 bucks and pick up some pretty noticeable torque. You can do it yourself in about 2 hours. ;Sweet

spg

Big Red
Reaction score
I am aware of the 10K Mod. I am looking for additional things to help with the power. The newer IH T444E motors are different than the older in the Electonics parts and the Banks and most other pieces for the Ford application will not work on them. Seems like someone somewhere has run into this besides me.

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure NeverenufHP will be reading this soon. he can help, too.

BTW WELCOME TO THE SITE!!!!! ;Sweet

We look forward to your participation & letting us know how you make out with your T444E!!!

nevrenufhp

torque ******
Reaction score
I think Hypermax makes the Maxchip for the T444e. The other option is to swap to the Ford ECM and use your choice of performance module. Then you can add the fuel pressure regulator shim, and the 10k or diode(clamp) mod. Then....if that's still not enuf, you can call Diesel Innovations to order a set of custom hybred injectors :Sly , but then you'd need a lot more air. It's a vicious cycle! :D

spg

Big Red
Reaction score
Changing the ECM is not an option because truck has cruise and all electronic dash. Which would not work with changing to Ford Electronics. I was hoping to find out if there is a way to reprogram or replace the IH electronics. They offer this motor up to 250HP. I imagine most of the difference is in the computer.

dozer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well....I would imagine it's more than just the ECM. Check the part #'s that are in it now, but I'm thinking you'll probably have to swap the injectors out to make it a 250HP version.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01