Anyone swap back to throttle cable?

frankenwrench

overkill is under rated!
Reaction score
Do you have a way to watch datastream?
Have seen the overboost code with programmer, and no check engine light. Everything to do with that chip clean and tight?

Any weirdness that isnt quickly diagnosed, I disconnect/remove any programmers or associated stuff, Pretty amazing how many times problems just go away.....
I put the hydra chip on. Both pcms were unaltered looking with the waxy coating still on them. I cleaned them well and got it to connect first try. The issues started before the hydra, so I don't believe that was the issue

Last edited:

frankenwrench

overkill is under rated!
Reaction score
The PCM will cut back the fuel when there is an over boost issue. Try putting a boost fooler in the MAP line (Mini regulator set for 17 PSI).
I'm gonna try that. Not saying it's the whole issue, but I definately need it anyways. Auto meter guage and glowshift guage both saying the same thing. And I doubt I have head studs, so there's another thing I may need to look into. Didn't figure I needed them with stock injectors. Also didn't thing stock injectors would support that much boost regardless of turbo. And yet again, I could also still be wrong there as well.

frankenwrench

overkill is under rated!
Reaction score
Injection pressure regulator? (IPR)

Often gets missed in the electronics.
Brand new with adrenaline hpop and Motorcraft ipr. Replaced IPC as well. Even replaced the cam position sensor but used the international one. Surely that isn't the issue? Also did the valve cover/wiring as well as glow plugs.

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
Brand new with adrenaline hpop and Motorcraft ipr. Replaced IPC as well. Even replaced the cam position sensor but used the international one. Surely that isn't the issue? Also did the valve cover/wiring as well as glow plugs.

Ok, just checkin. I had a longwinded troubleshooting runaround with my '97 E350 some years ago. Changed and tested many things, but finally a used hpop and new ipr together made all the difference to get past hard-starting.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@frankenwrench if you're pushing 26psi it is most likely defueling, I may be incorrect in this number but I believe the 7.3PS starts cutting fuel at 21-22 psi.

James
He's gotta "booster fooler", it's designed to fool a booster. So don't go boosting that fooler! I've heard that you can "kid a kid" and even "fool a fool", but a booster?

That's why I have a NA engine with a throttle cable, that way ain't nobody deceived. We just got no power worth mentioning!

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
I'm gonna try that. Not saying it's the whole issue, but I definately need it anyways. Auto meter guage and glowshift guage both saying the same thing. And I doubt I have head studs, so there's another thing I may need to look into. Didn't figure I needed them with stock injectors. Also didn't thing stock injectors would support that much boost regardless of turbo. And yet again, I could also still be wrong there as well.
My truck would fall flat every time I hit the Go pedal hard. It would start de fueling at 22 PSI. Couple of times it tripped the SES light. The fooler did the trick. No more de fueling.
It might not be the whole issue, but it will help.

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He's gotta "booster fooler", it's designed to fool a booster. So don't go boosting that fooler! I've heard that you can "kid a kid" and even "fool a fool", but a booster?

That's why I have a NA engine with a throttle cable, that way ain't nobody deceived. We just got no power worth mentioning!
I must have misunderstood the comment, I thought someone else was recommending the booster fooler.

James

frankenwrench

overkill is under rated!
Reaction score
W
My truck would fall flat every time I hit the Go pedal hard. It would start de fueling at 22 PSI. Couple of times it tripped the SES light. The fooler did the trick. No more de fueling.
It might not be the whole issue, but it will help.
That and probably need to adjust the nut behind the wheel. I forget it's not the 6.7 sometimes and mash harder. I suppose that boost number is higher with a load on the trailer as well. Gonna wait till I get some more cash in my hand and get a boost fooler. See what's up with that and go from there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger