THSIM9’s 1991 F250 Project

Ohiogoldfever

Reaction score
Great progress man. It’s giving me flashbacks of the 84 big block square body I just got “finished” 95%.

I’ll be starting on my greasy old f250 shortly.

Keep it up. Thanks for taking us along.

THSIM9

Reaction score
Did some cleanup and painting on the inside of the front fenders, core support, and battery trays. I also plumbed and mounted my old facet pump to work as a transfer pump from the front tank to the new 38 gallon rear tank. Forgot to take good photos today so you will have to take my word for it. LOL You can enjoy this photo of the bed moved out of the way for tank plumbing.
You must be registered for see images attach

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I also plumbed and mounted my old facet pump to work as a transfer pump from the front tank to the new 38 gallon rear tank.
That's a good use for them. They don't have to keep up with fuel supply and if they die, just replace it. That's why I don't mind using the Carter 4070 on mine for just that. Those also used to be food, but are going down the same path as the Facets from what I've read.

THSIM9

Reaction score
That's a good use for them. They don't have to keep up with fuel supply
That’s what I’m thinking as well, I’m actually wondering how much of my lack of power previously, particularly while pulling grades was just the facet pump not keeping up. Especially since it was mounted under the hood, and pulling though the stock FSV.

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s what I’m thinking as well, I’m actually wondering how much of my lack of power previously, particularly while pulling grades was just the facet pump not keeping up. Especially since it was mounted under the hood, and pulling though the stock FSV.
My setup is in my signature and I had a fuel inlet pressure gauge for the IP for a while to test it(Facet and later the OEM lift pump)
Under WOT or close to it the Facet would drop to 0-1psi. The IP is rated for 5-6psi and below that does change the fuel timing. At 0 it's pretty jacked up compared to what you could be getting with 5psi.
Later on I switch to a regular lift pump and kept the Facet for priming and as an on-board backup. BTW that's the 9-11psi Facet, not the 5-7psi. I knew it would lose some pressure just off idle and it did. Idle was 8psi, cruise 4-6psi, WOT 0psi.

What did you do in the Army? Thank you for serving our country!
What did you study in school? Thank you for sharing your journey with us.

THSIM9

Reaction score
What did you do in the Army? Thank you for serving our country!
What did you study in school? Thank you for sharing your journey with us.
I was an 11B (Infantry) active duty from 2014-2017 and then 1 year in the Arizona Army National Guard from 2017-2018.

I got an B.S in “University Studies” from Northern Arizona University it’s essentially a build your own major by completing two minors kind of deal for people like me who can’t pick one major and stick with it lol. My minor’s are in Biology (personal interest, hunting/fishing etc) and Construction Management (where the money is). I work as a project engineer but I am acting as a project manager for the first time in my career. Looking to make the jump to that project manager promotion soon.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Indeed, 3 generations prior to me were all mechanics/machinists for all or part of their careers. It’s definitely in the blood!
You're lucky. My dad taught me how to change the oil, air filter, check the fluids, and grease the front end. After the front end, he told me that was all he knew. Everything else, I had to learn on my own.